Fwd: 2012 Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival volunteering
- The 2012 Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival is 48 days away. Thanks to those of you who have expressed interest in volunteering this year or who have done so in the past. I appreciate your patience as I get an electronic version of the schedule posted so you can go online to select your volunteer shifts soon. I’ll send the link out to this email address when it’s ready – within a week or so… (If you have a different email address you prefer me to use, please reply and let me know the new address.)In the meantime, mark your calendar:· Oct. 10: evening reception for volunteers, paddling clubs and sponsors (see details below)· Oct. 24: volunteer work day with pre-festival jobs; 1 – 4 p.m. at Rutenberg Park· Nov. 1-4: Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival; watch for the email with the link for job schedule/sign upsHere are the details on Oct. 10. More info on everything else later…SAVE THE DATEWhat: Join us – paddling clubs, volunteers, sponsors and lovers of the Calusa Blueway Paddling Trail – for an event to informally kickoff the Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival.When: 6 – 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012Where: Fort Myers Toyota, 2555 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33907; 239-344-1930
- It’s on the corner of Colonial Boulevard and Fowler Street.
- We will be in the Truck Building on the second floor. This building is on the east side of the property.
- Parking will be upstairs on the roof; Toyota will provide signs directing you to the correct parking area.
Info: Betsy Clayton, waterways coordinator, Lee County Parks & Recreation; bclayton@...; (239) 533-7474.Consider it a festive way to soft-launch the festival. Help spread the word. Tell your Blueway friends. Room capacity is 120. Let’s fill it with paddlers.Betsy ClaytonWaterways Coordinator, Lee County Parks & Recreation3410 Palm Beach Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33916239-533-7474 or 239-826-4606FaceBook: Calusa Blueway Paddling FestivalTwitter: calusapaddle
- Food and refreshments;
- Festival information for the big event, Nov. 1-4, www.calusabluewaypaddlingfestival.com
- Meet and greet
- Speaker from CROW (Clinic for Rehabilitation of Wildlife)
- See the kayak from O-Sea-D Aquatic Adventures that will be raffled off (and buy your raffle ticket early)
- See the kayak from Estero River Outfitters that’s the fishing tournament grand prize
- Door prizes
- Free admission
Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and officials regarding County business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.