Red Tide

  • PatO
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      Be careful paddling about. I've seen fishkill from Red Tide around the area starting the week before Christmas around Cayo Costa beaches in Boca Grande pass.

      It's probably a good idea to check the red tide reports before paddling out. I didn't and started coughing Sat AM. Red Tide effects were especially strong around Sanibel Sat AM, Oscar and I paddled around the mangroves behind Shell Point Village, it was OK at 9am but on way back in about noon we saw more and more dead fish.

      Yesterday I paddled from Marco boat ramp to Cape Romano, saw a few dead fish.

      How's Estero Bay. Do you think it'll be OK to do the night paddle on Friday, Jan 6?