Good reason for Kayak Raffle

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
    In case you missed the announcement at the Blueway Festival, Rick Storsberg, fellow kayaker, park ranger, community volunteer and more, recently discovered that he has Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (no known cure) and will eventually need a Lung Transplant.  If you've been to the Blueway Festival in previous years, Rick was the one showing everyone how to roll, he made it look so easy.

    I know of two fundraisers/raffles for him:

    1) Esther (Miami) at "thepaddlehouse.com" (was at this year's Blueway festival) is raffling a Tahe Marine Easyspirit 17'1" kayak and paddle.  I believe this drawing is 12/15/2011

    2) Grande Tours, Placida "grandetours.com" will have an all day event  and raffle Jan 22, 2012 "paddle to battle lung disease".  Details for this event will be announced beginning of January.  Rick was their first kayak guide in the early 1990's.

    Our best thoughts go out to Rick.  Please help out by buying a raffle ticket.

    Thanks.

    Pat Owen