Blue Springs State Park camping trip.

  • ktorman1@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2011
      Another fantastic camping trip planned by Terri Krass! Thanks for all of your HARD WORK putting this together Terri.
      We arrived Thursday and got set up at camp. Friday a bunch of paddlers went to Hontoon Island and explored different creeks. I stayed back at camp for some much needed solitude. On Saturday a bunch of us paddled on Norris Lake which was like nothing I’ve ever seen. My photos don’t do justice...sun was straight up so the camera can’t record what our eyes saw. Worth going back when the lighting is better! Others did different paddles and will fill in the gaps.
      Thank you Bob Farley for hosting our evening campfires, and pot luck dinner was the best one yet. Everyone brought wonderful food!
      Great weekend!
      Kayne Torman

    • Steve Chupack
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
        Want to add my thank you to Terri & all for everything that went into making the Blue Springs trip a great experience.  Kayne, you wildlife images are great!    (With possible exception of strange looking biped you found emerging from early morning campsite   Hot smile emoticon  )

        Steve

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
          Steve, in case you weren’t able to identify the species, it was a Yellow Headed Bi-ped. Very rare sighting and pretty frightening!
          Kayne

          Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:59 AM
          Subject: Re: [swflpc] Blue Springs State Park camping trip.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
            Kayne, and all   ----    Indeed, very rare.  Not, however quite as rare as the old birds known to hang out at country club swimming pools, generally seen after 4 p.m. : Gimlet-eyed Tit-Watcher.

            Raising the educational bar for the group........ with this Word of the Day:

            gimlet eye: Definition .... an eye that appears to give a sharp or piercing look. Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, ...

            Mission accomplished, now get back to work everybody.

            Steve

            Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:31 AM

            Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:59 AM