pcpc cocohatchee trips sunday 10/3

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2010
      swflpc doesn't have a trip this weekend but pcpc is paddling the cocohatchee -- they're doing an easy trip and a longer, stronger trip.  Mike says no need to call, just show up.  Pat O

      Title: 2 Paddles in 0ne on the Cocohatchee River or Gulf

      Date: Sunday October 3, 2010
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Location: Cochatchee River
      Notes: This day is for everyone!!

      9am

      A protected paddle in the backwaters on the Cocohatchee River in North Naples of approx 8 miles if you paddle the hole trip a longer stronger paddle for more experienced paddlers in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 20 miles.

      PART 1
      I will show people the beautiful River wide trail on the Cochatchee River in North Naples. Then out to Wiggins Pass the beach at the Gulf, if you paddle the whole trip----This is for all skill levels!

      PART 2
      Jay will take a longer paddle out in the Gulf around about 20 miles. There will be open water not for all paddlers. You must be experienced have proper equipment.

      Launch from Vanderbilt Drive at South Bridge.
      The Bridge is between Immokolee Rd(turns into Bluebill west of 41) Wiggins Pass. Just pull off on to the gravel.

      THEN WE EAT!!! (lots of restaurants in the area--TRUST ME)

      Mike Devlin

    • PatO
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2010
        directions from fort myers. Take 41 south, right at wiggin pass, left at vanderbilt drive, launch is on left (past the marina on right). they are launching from dirt lot, no fee, no amenitities so pull into marina/park to use the facilities first. PatO

        --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, Pat Owen <p8owen@...> wrote:

        > swflpc doesn't have a trip this weekend but pcpc is paddling the cocohatchee --
        > they're doing an easy trip and a longer, stronger trip. Mike says no need to
        > call, just show up. Pat O
        >
        > ________________________________
        >

        > Title: 2 Paddles in 0ne on the Cocohatchee River or Gulf
        >
        > Date: Sunday October 3, 2010
        > Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
        > Location: Cochatchee River
        > Notes: This day is for everyone!!
        >
        > 9am
        >
        > A protected paddle in the backwaters on the Cocohatchee River in North Naples of
        > approx 8 miles if you paddle the hole trip a longer stronger paddle for more
        > experienced paddlers in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 20 miles.
        >
        > PART 1
        > I will show people the beautiful River wide trail on the Cochatchee River in
        > North Naples. Then out to Wiggins Pass the beach at the Gulf, if you paddle the
        > whole trip----This is for all skill levels!
        >
        > PART 2
        > Jay will take a longer paddle out in the Gulf around about 20 miles. There will
        > be open water not for all paddlers. You must be experienced have proper
        > equipment.
        >
        > Launch from Vanderbilt Drive at South Bridge.
        > The Bridge is between Immokolee Rd(turns into Bluebill west of 41) Wiggins Pass.
        > Just pull off on to the gravel.
        >
        > THEN WE EAT!!! (lots of restaurants in the area--TRUST ME)
        >
        > Mike Devlin

      • JudyD
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
          Thanks for directions Pat. I'll be going.