Billy's Creek (without a garbage bag)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 10:23 AM
      Sat 7/31/10 Oscar and I met at 7:30am at Riverside Park (Caloosahatchee & Seaboard St ) for a recreational paddle up Billy's Creek, I pointed out Shady Oaks Park (where I've launched for cleanups).  We paddled and paddled further than I've ever gone before because for the first time I wasn't paddling to clean up the Creek (although it could use a cleanup) and the water level was high.  We paddled and paddled until dense foliage stopped us.  Neither of us had a gps so I couldn't pinpoint where we stopped but looked at a map today, we paddled right by Billy Bowleg Park and Billy Creek Park Preserve a new Lee county facility which doesn't have any official kayak launch yet...

      http://www.conservation2020.org/preservedetails.cfm?proj_no=288

      Somewhere up from Billy Creek Preserve we saw a fantastic wall of tree fibers and leaves and were able to paddle through it.  The fibers twine around each other and are red near the water.  Neither of us had a camera so I took the best pictures I could from my cell.

      http://picasaweb.google.com/patowen8/BillySCreek731109am?feat=email#

      Pat Owen
      If the links don't work please cut and paste them.