Re: [swflpc] Fwd: 2010 FL Paddlers' Rendezvous update (to clubs N-Z)

  • Lois
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14 12:52 PM
      WOW, lots of paddling going on in FL

      From: "p8owen@..." <p8owen@...>
      To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, July 14, 2010 3:41:14 PM
      Subject: [swflpc] Fwd: 2010 FL Paddlers' Rendezvous update (to clubs N-Z)

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Erica <paddlepuff@earthlin k.net>
      To: kotto@edison. edu; knoll4603@yahoo. com; cfa@arazoza. com; p8owen@...; paddlers1@comcast. net; mlj33594@aol. com; monica.woll@ dep.state. fl.us; commodore@spacecoas tpaddlers. org; tampabayseakayakers @...; dougwaggle@yahoo. com; felis555@bellsouth. net; silentotters@ gmail.com; vicecommodore@ spacecoastpaddle rs.org; ewhite03@verizon. net; lindamarie7@ juno.com; stonefrances68@ gmail.com; midon6182@yahoo. com; kathrynvaughn@ att.net; PandP@clubkayak. com
      Sent: Wed, Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm
      Subject: 2010 FL Paddlers' Rendezvous update (to clubs N-Z)

      Greetings to leaders of various paddling clubs -

      Our FPR website is up, with a lot of info on it although there will continue to be some modifications.  Please let your members know about it – it would help us to have people pre-register on the site if they are going to come, so we have enough trips for everyone.

      A week or so ago, the state park is full Fri, had one site available Sat and some sites Thurs night, so encourage sharing sites as possible.  We had hoped we’d have also access to the primitive area there but it’s iffy, as youth groups have priority and we can’t count on it.

      AND think about whether your club is willing to host the event in 2011.  It would be nice to announce who will host it when we meet in October.

      Regards,
      Erica Johnson
      Commodore, FL Sport  Paddling Club

      Here is the notice for your members or your website or newsletter:

      2010 FLORIDA PADDLERS’ RENDEZVOUS

      FL Sport Paddling Club is excited about hosting the 2010 FL Paddlers’ Rendezvous, an annual gathering of paddling clubs and other paddlers. Home base will be Silver River State Park, with day paddles on nearby rivers. Come for the whole shebang or just a day, starting with pre-Rendezvous paddles on October 21 and followed by the main event October 22 – 24.    Please visit the 2010 FPR website at http://www.paddlers rendezvous. com/ for information on plans, trips, places to stay and history.  It is suggested that people consider sharing campsites. If you will be coming, we ask that you complete the easy (pre-)registration on the website so we have an idea how many to expect.  Then check-in when you arrive, as indicated on the website.