Fwd: Jug Creek / Shell Cut kayaking on Pine Island's north end

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010

      From: Clayton, Betsy <BClayton@...>
      To: Clayton, Betsy <BClayton@...>
      Cc: Clayton, Betsy <BClayton@...>
      Sent: Thu, Apr 1, 2010 2:58 pm
      Subject: Jug Creek / Shell Cut kayaking on Pine Island's north end

      Hello paddlers and blueway backers,

      Thanks to those of you who showed up for the ribbon cutting at the Bokeelia Boat Ramp last week. As the county works to improve the kayak launch site there, I wanted you to know there’s another place to launch right onto the same body of water there at Shell Cut on Jug Creek. It’s at the end of Portobello off Barrancas. (Barrancas is the street that the county ramp is on.) Coast Connection is on the blueway. Owner Scottie Player has a soft-launch surface for kayakers, and for the month of April while we work on our site, he’s offering to let anyone with a kayak park and launch for $5. You can get directions and details at http://calusablueway.com/articles/outfitters or http://www.coastconnectionfl.com/ (There is also a fish-cleaning station there for you anglers.)

      Thanks, and everyone have a great weekend. Could the forecast look any better?

      See you on the blueway,
      Betsy

      Betsy Clayton
      Waterways Coordinator
      Lee County Parks & Recreation
      Phone: 239-433-3855
      Cell: 239-826-4606
      Fax: 239-432-2030
      FaceBook: Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival
      Twitter: calusapaddle