RE: [swflpc] Re: Paddle Making Clinic Saturday, February 18th

  • Robert Phelan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2006

      Don:

      I am interested in making a short single blade paddle (like a canoe paddle) that is around 24”-36” long to use while fishing for minor position adjustments.  Right now I have been using a stake out pole but I think a small paddle would be better.  The use of a 2x4 would be ideal.

      We will be doing the Everglade Paddle In this Saturday so could not make the clinic.  Please send any alternative dates you may come up with.

      Thanks for doing this!

      Rob and Sue

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2006
        Robert -
        Please send an e-mail to me at multiplants@..., so I
        can add you to my paddle-making clinic list. This message board
        doesn't show addresses properly.
        A narrow single-bladed paddle, like you mention, should be very
        easy to make. I made a wide canoe paddle to use in the mangrove
        tunnels in the Turner River trip, and it worked out great.
        The "storm" paddle that I will be making for the clinic is actually a
        short greenland style paddle.