Dec-Jan paddling trips

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
      Here's a summary of trips planned at tonight's SWFLPC meeting:

      Sun, Dec 20 8:30am breakfast at Ice Cream (Santini Place, Fort Myers Beach) then park at Dog Beach and 9:30ish launch across the street for a paddle around Lover's Key.  RSVP Terri Krass 239-225-0289.

      Tuesday, Dec 29 launch 5:30pm Full Moon Paddle.  Location TBA but we're hoping we can launch from Bunche Beach.  RSVP Pat Owen 239-410-0167.  Rain/cloud date Wednesday, Dec 30.

      Friday, Jan 1 - we'll start the New Year off with a paddle, details TBA

      Sunday, Jan 3 - intermediate/advanced paddle with Chris Boland/Jay Rose (Saltwater Sports), details TBA

      Sunday, Jan 10 Alafia River.  Leave home 7am arrive Alderman Ford Park, unload, shuttle cars, launch 9-9:30am.  full details TBA.  RSVP Pat Owen 239-410-0167.  Let's try to carpool for this trip.

      rumor has it Dave Whitford is planning a camping trip Jan 16-17

      Saturday, Jan 23 Peddle, Paddle and Picnic at Franklin Locks Park. 9am Kayak/kayak equipment garage sale, bring your extra stuff to sell, look for something to buy.  Then we paddle, then we eat, then we paddle.  The park has grills.  We can paddle Hickey Creek and/or Telegraph Creek, both are easy paddles but if you're a beginner you may not be able to paddle both trips. RSVP Ken Rose 239-691-3555.

      Sunday, Jan 24 Estero River Race, 4mile and 10 miles races.  If you're not racing call the shop see if they need volunteers.

      Thanks everyone for a great meeting and all the wonderful food.

      Pat Owen
      Southwest Florida Paddling Club

    • kwellman_pinecrest
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2009
        Dave Whitford--your rumored camping trip on Jan 16-17, 2010. Bill Waller and myself, and perhaps others will be coming up from Flamingo that week. We plan on reaching Pavilion on Friday, Jan 15. Why not join us there on the 16th? We will be using our Hobie AIs. Of course, we are planning a big fish fry on Saturday night.

        Keith

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2009
          Keith, sounds like a great idea.  I'll organize things from this end.  Pat