Blind Pass is almost open

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 6:28 PM
      We had a great group of paddlers today: Janet, Ken, Jeanette, Steve, Mike, Oscar, Mark, Chuck and Jeff.  As you can see from the photos the pass is almost open.  If you're planning a trip to the pass watch the tide table carefully.  Paddling off Sanibel is just a joy.
      Pat Owen

      You are invited to view a photo from Pat's photo album: New Album 8/2/09 8:53 PM
      Roseate Spoonbills at Ding Darling
      View Photo
      Message from Pat:
      Driving to the Ding Darling launch we passed by two groups of Spoonbills, what a treat. We did not expect Blind Pass to be open but as I approached the pass I saw a small opening, we all went through the opening, paddled in the Gulf a bit, watched for manatees, then paddled back through where there was another manatee floating about. We paddled back with a wonderful breeze in our face.
      To share your photos or receive notification when your friends share photos, get your own free Picasa Web Albums account.
    • Ken Rose
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 3:36 AM
        Pat, thanks for the great trip. How DID you manage to get those spoonbills to greet us?

        Ken

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 4:38 AM
          Thanks, Pat.  I haven't looked at my pics yet, but I'm sure I didn't get as good a shot of the spoonbills.  By the way, I haven't been getting your club posts.  I only see them when someone replys (like Ken).  Anybody else having that problem?

          Thanks to Ken for the Photo Mag.  Great article!

          Jeanette

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 5:07 AM
            Check your junk mail folder Jeanette. You may have to tell it Pat's a swell person. And the junk may be separated out in your e-mail program on your computer or on the e-mail server at your ISP. I had to tell the one up on my ISP to never mind about spam and junk, I'd handle it myself.