Re: 2nd Annual Cape Coral Canal Cleanup

  • hemingwaypi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
      Hi Pat,

      I would love to lend a hand on this cleanup.

      Sheila
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
        Oops!  I forgot to mention that Steve & Jeanette Chupack and Carey & Ruth Parks also participated.  They scoured the canals near their homes for garbage.
        Pat

        From: Pat Owen <p8owen@yahoo. com>
        Subject: [swflpc] 2nd Annual Cape Coral Canal Cleanup
        To: swflpc@yahoogroups. com, gcbp@yahoogroups. com, pcpcnaples@yahoogro ups.com
        Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 9:10 PM

        2nd Annual Cape Coral Canal Cleanup is Sunday, March 15, 2009, sponsored by Keep Lee County Beautiful.  Last year Rege and I from SWFLPC and Carol and Karen from GCBP participated in this event.  We paddled from Cape Coral Yacht Club to Piney Point where we collected bags and bags of garbage, they sent a boat over twice to pick up our garbage. Will post more details as they become available.

        Pat Owen
        239-410-0167

      • jeanette chupack
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
          Thanks, Pat!  We'll do it again this year.  Let us know where you're starting from when we get closer to the date!

          Jeanette and Steve

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
            Thanks Shiela.  When Cape Coral started this event last year they only planned to have boaters involved but we showed them that kayakers can help too.  Last year they had plenty of supplies, support and free lunch.

            Pat O