Billy's Creek Cleanup & Celebration, 12/6/2008, 9:00 am

  • swflpc@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2008
      Reminder from: swflpc Yahoo! Group

      Title: Billy's Creek Cleanup & Celebration

      Date: Saturday December 6, 2008
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 4 days, 4 minutes.
      Notes: Once again, it's time to "Clean the Creek" at the end of the rainy season. Volunteers will go out in kayaks, canoes, and small boats to remove debris from the mangrove roots and shoreline.

      Saturday, December 6, 2008 at Rock Lake Resort on Palm Beach Blvd, Ft Myers
      9AM-12NOON
      Supplies and refreshments provided.
      Some boats available, but more always needed!

      And we are excited to announce the LAUNCH OF OUR BRAND NEW KAYAK FLEET! Thanks to the generous support of the Claiborne and Ned Foulds Foundation Trust, we are now the proud owners of a fleet of kayaks, equipment and trailer. Please join us for a brief dedication ceremony at 9:30 AM to launch the fleet! Our intent is to use these kayaks for creek cleanups, environmental education, and paddlesports safety classes. We have formed a strategic partnership with the Lee Paddlesports Alliance and area kayak clubs to teach kayak classes to the youth population in the area.

      Participating Organizations, to date:
      Friends of Billy's Creek - organizing sponsor
      Rock Lake Resort - host site
      Dean Park Historic Neighborhood - volunteers
      Lee Paddlesports Alliance - kayak assistance
      City of Ft Myers - supplies and debris pickup, logistics
      Foulds Foundation - grant for kayaks and trailer
      SFWMD - volunteers
      Lee County - blueways support
      Edison State College - intern and volunteers

      Please call or e-mail if you need an additional information.
      Mary Rawl
      Friends of Billy's Creek
      c 239-849-0964

    • swflpc@yahoogroups.com