Need Ideas for Nov 2 - Picnic, Race, Paddle, Games at Matlacha

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      On Sunday, November 2, last day of Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival, Matlacha Park will be full of paddlers, wanna-be-paddlers, paddle racers, paddle vendors, food and SWFLPC will hold a Club Gathering/Picnic.

      At our next meeting, Wednesday, October 8, I'd like to finalize plans for our activities that day.  Bring your ideas to the meeting or email them to the club or email them to me personally at p8owen at aol dot com.

      PADDLES
      I'm thinking of launching at 7am for an early paddle out of Matlacha Park and returning by 10 or 11am.
      Does someone want to plan another paddle, one leaving at 8, 8:30, or 9?.

      THE RACE
      How many paddlers are entering the Paddle of the Pass?  There's a 4 mile and 10 mile competition, registration begins 7:30am, race begins at 9am.

      LUNCH
      We'll have great food for lunch because Matlacha is holding "The Taste of Matlacha", what else do we want to bring?

      KAYAK GAMES/ACTIVITIES
      Do we want to hold silly kayak races such as racing backwards or racing forwards but sitting anywhere on your kayak just not in your kayak seat
      A rescue demonstration?
      Rafting up and letting the wind and a kite pull us around

      DISPLAY TABLE
      I'm reserving space for a table for SWFLPC and GCBP to share where we can display club brochures and pictures.
      How about a creative kayak safety display?  Any other ideas?

      LOCATION OF PICNIC
      We have choices.  We can hang out to the left of the entrance near the new kayak launch (that's where the vendor tables will be) or we can hang out at the picnic tables at south end of park

      Pat Owen
      SWFLPC