Re: [swflpc] Matlacha Pass Clean-up, 9/20/2008, 9:00 am

  • rgcapecoral@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 16, 2008
      I'll be at the cleanup.  Anyone else coming?

      Date: Saturday September 20, 2008
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 3 days, 1 minute.
      Notes:</ TD> Call for Volunteers!

      2008 National Coastal Clean-up
      September 20, 2008, 9-12pm Matlacha Community Park
      Contact: Karen Bickford 239-246-4460 or karen.bickford@...

      Local Sponsors: Keep Lee County Beautiful, Friends of the Charlotte Harbor Aquatic Preserve and the Florida Dept of Environmental Protection

      The National Coastal Cleanup Day is part of the Ocean Conservancy' s International Coastal Cleanup and is the world's largest volunteer event of its kind. Last year, 378,000 volunteers from 76 countries and 45 states cleared six million pounds of trash from oceans and waterways and recorded every piece of trash collected. For more information on our local efforts navigate to;
      http://www.klcb. org/coastalclean up.htm

      Remember to pack sunscreen, a hat, water shoes, drinking water and snacks. We'll provide garbage bags and water refills! Please bring a canoe or kayak if you have one. DEP will provide a skiff as a "garbage barge". Other power boats welcome - parking fees for trailers apply, car parking first come first served.

      Please come out, have a day of fun on the water and Keep Matlacha Beautiful!

      The Friends of the Charlotte Harbor Aquatic Preserve & Keep Lee
      County Beautiful are 501(c)3 organizations and can authorize service- learning (volunteer) hours for students.

    • David Crook
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 16, 2008
        Howdy Rege. Lucy and I and our daughter will be there. We are spending Friday night on Pine Island so we will have coffee ready early Saturday, before the clean up begins.
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 16, 2008
          Nope.  I have another event to attend.
          Pat O

          Contact: Karen Bickford 239-246-4460 or karen.bickford@ gmail.com

[...]

        • Julia Corbin
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 16, 2008
            Yes, but is there breakfast first?

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 16, 2008
              If people want to meet for breakfast, I suggest meeting at 8am at The Pefect Cup, on Pine Island Rd in Matlacha on right hand side before the turn to Matlacha Park.  It's next to sign for "bait".  They have great coffee, huge menu, good food, great prices, great service.

              Pat O

              I'll be at the cleanup.  Anyone else coming?

              0AFrom: swflpc@yahoogroups. com

              Contact:=2 0Karen Bickford 239-246-4460 or karen.bickford@ gmail.com

[...]

            • damsammy
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 16, 2008

                Hi Rege,

                Dave and I were planning to go to it and probably breakfast.

                Sue

                I'll be at the cleanup.  Anyone else coming?

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 17, 2008
                  So who's going to breakfast???

                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 17, 2008
                    Hello again...

                    David here. Nobody responded to my last post and I am not in "The In Crowd".  A few of you might know me from the last Pine Island fishing trip. I know I met Pat Owens (Mike Devlin, Brenda and Don McCumber too). We have been given permission to spend Friday night, in our small RV, in the Pine Island Chamber of Commerce parking lot - 3640 SW Pine Island Rd, Cape Coral, FL 33991. It's right on the way to the clean-up. We will arrive Friday afternoon. For anyone who just wants a couple of eggs fried to order, toast, hash browns and fresh coffee and a lawn chair to sit in; please drop by. Expect to have coffee ready by 7:30 breakfast soon after.

                    We are bringing three kayaks for; my spouse, our daughter and myself and plan to remove as much trash as possible in the alloted time. I know most (if not all) of you will prefer the ice cold Air-conditioned restaurant, but the offer is open. I hope to see some of you at our RV for breakfast or at the event.

                    Regards,

                    David

                    On Sep 17, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Julia Corbin wrote:

                    So who's going to breakfast???

[...]

                    Copyright © 2008  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 17, 2008
                      David,
                      Wow.  I didn't realize you were inviting people over for breakfast, hope everyone stops in Sat AM.  Sorry I can't make it, I'll be at CREW all day.

                      Pat Owen

                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 17, 2008
                        Rege, I'll be at the cleanup. How could I not miss it, practically in
                        my backyard!

                        David & Lucy, I'll come by early Saturday morning at the Chamber
                        parking lot for coffee but I don't expect you to feed all of us - we
                        might be a crowd!

                        Natasha, the campout in your Florida room sounds like fun, but I'm
                        right here at Pine Island Center, so I'll stay in my own comfy bed
                        Friday night!
                      • David Crook
                        Message 11 of 20 , Sep 17, 2008
                          Sounds great Brenda. I will have eggs and bacon if you wish... (toast and hash browns to) I can't feed a BIG crowd but I "gots sum extas fer a feew"...

                          Maybe we could come by after the clean-up and see your landscaping. I would sure appreciate a chance to see how you are doing it.

                          See you Saturday.

                          PS: We will probably have a couple of beers at Bert's Friday night...

                        • nancy dickmon
                          Message 12 of 20 , Sep 17, 2008

                            I'm planning on being there and may do breakfest too.

                            nancy

                          • swflpc@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008

                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008

                                Howdy,

                                We’ve decided to stay a little closer to home and help the clean-up at Bunche Beach.  There’s a Lee County Bird Patrol guided walk at 8 AM before the clean-up starts.

                                Cheers,

                                Dave and Sue Miller

                                Message 15 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
                                  Dave & Sue,
                                  We'll miss ya', but I'm sure you'll find some trash down there too.

[...]

                                  County Beautiful are 501(c)3 organizations and can authorize=2 0service- learning (volunteer) hours for students.
                                   =0 D
                                  Edit reminder options

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
                                    David & Lucy,
                                    A neighbor is having a garage sale that I'm going to drag some things over to try unloading, but I'll try to catch you at the Chamber lot before cleanup.
                                    Thanks,

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
                                      Howdy Rege, Great - hope we see you there before the event.

                                      I will be driving our little RV (20') to the park pulling, our kayak trailer. Hope I can find a space to park... We haven't been there before.

                                      David

                                    • Regis Good
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
                                        --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, David Crook <dacro@...> wrote:
                                        >I think you'll be OK on parking but if not we'll figure something
                                        out. Worse case drop yaks off & one of us pick you up at alternative
                                        parking area. Rege

                                      • David Crook
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Sep 18, 2008
                                          Thanks Rege... Good suggestion. We are pretty short (RV & Small trailer) and I can easily unhook our trailer, once we unload it.

                                          See you tomorrow,

                                          David