Re: [swflpc] Hickey Creek, 8/2/2008, 9:00 am

  • jeanette chupack
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31 12:03 PM
      Hi Ken and Janet.  Steve and I will be there on Sat.

      Jeanette Chupack
      Date: Saturday August 2, 2008
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Notes: When: 9:00am on August 2nd...
      Where: Launching From Franklin Locks (South Side of River...East Side of Locks) To get there, get off I-75 at exit 141 toward LaBelle and go 7.1 miles to Old Olga road (on the left). There's a brown sign indicating the Franklin Locks. Turn left, then go 3/10ths of a mile to Sessler road, make a right and go another 3/10ths of a mile to the launch site.
      Who: Anybody who likes a leisurely, lovely paddle. Distance is about 6.5 miles round trip.
      Organizers: Ken Rose and Janet Valentine. Please call or write to confirm. 239-691-3555

    • Gerald Franz
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
        Count me in.  Thanks, Jerry Franz

        Where: Launching From Franklin Locks (South Side of River...East Side of Locks) To get there, get off I-75 at exit 141 toward LaBelle and go 7.1 miles to Old Olga road (on the left). There's a brown sign indicating the Franklin Locks. Turn left, then go 3/10ths of a mile to Sessler road, make a right and go another 3/10ths of a mile to the launch site.
        Who: Anybody who likes a leisurely, lovely paddle. Distance is about 6.5 miles round trip.
        Organizers: Ken Rose and Janet Valentine. Please call or write to confirm. 239-691-3555

      • Ken Rose
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
          Look forward to seeing you.
          Ken
          Where: Launching From Franklin Locks (South Side of River...East Side of Locks) To get there, get off I-75 at exit 141 toward LaBelle and go 7.1 miles to Old Olga road (on the left). There's a brown sign indicating the Franklin Locks. Turn left, then go 3/10ths of a mile to Sessler road, make a right and go another 3/10ths of a mile to the launch site.
          Who: Anybody who likes a leisurely, lovely paddle. Distance is about 6.5 miles round trip.
          Organizers: Ken Rose and Janet Valentine. Please call or write to confirm. 239-691-3555

        • David Crook
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2008
            Howdy Ken and Janet...

            My spouse and I are planning to do the Hickey Creek run with you in the morning. Only
            problem is, we have 11 dalmations who we have to bring. Are there any dog lovers who
            might carry one or two of them? They won't all fit in our Grumman, aluminum canoe. They
            hardly ever have to stop to go to the bathroom and only a couple of them are prone to
            motion sickness. We would, of course, clean up any puke.

            Please let us know so we can tell them tonight. They just love getting out and chasing the
            camels and wading birds. It's a hoot and I think the camels enjoy the exercise...

            Voyageur.

            --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Rose" <kenrose1@...> wrote:

            > Look forward to seeing you.
            > Ken