Kismet trip report

    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2008
      Five of us explored the mangroves off Kismet (NW Cape Coral) last Saturday morning.  When we entered the main "mangrove maze" we made a group decision to explore first before heading out to open water so we headed south and wandered around in and out of the mangroves and then headed out to Charlotte Harbor around Blueway Marker #91.  We were looking for the sandbar to have lunch, didn't see it so we had lunch in the shade of an unnamed mangrove island.  (The sandbar was actually one mile north.)  Darby brought some incredible pink shrimp to share with her secret recipe cocktail sauce.  After lunch we explored some more and eventually found our way back to the main stretch where we encountered some gentlemen in an airboat.  I believe the only other person we encountered was a kayak fisherman.

      WARNING:  This mangrove maze is confusing.  Paddle this trip with an experienced person, use a GPS and bring extra batteries.

      Mangrove Explorers:  Rege G, Darby D, Judy D, Beverly S, Pat O
    • Karen Bickford
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2008
        I've done the mangroves off Kismet before too and I highly recommend using flagging tape. You just have to make sure to not get confused if there's other flagging tape around (make your mark memorable...) and take the tape down on your way out. Low tech and super easy!
      • Regis Good
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2008

          Thanks for writing the report Pat O.  And also thanks  to Pat O, Darby (GOOD SHRIMP!), Judy D, & Bev S. for coming & the great company!  I had fun!