Re: Charlotte Harbor Kayak & Wildlife Festival

  • Don
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
      Thanks James!

      For the benefit of newer members, James Schadle is an outstanding
      photographer, who specializes in wildlife photography, especially
      here in our home state. Carey, Ruth, Brenda & I were involved with
      James on a photo shoot for the Calusa Blueway about a year ago, and
      his pictures were just beautiful. One, of Carey & Ruth, was
      published in National Geograhic Adventure magazine.

      Check out his personal info here:
      http://www.wildflorida.net/photogjames.aspx

      and some of his photos here:
      http://www.wildflorida.net/gallery.aspx

      James will be giving one of the clinics at the Port Charlotte Kayak
      Festival on saturday, April 12th. I will be giving one along with
      Mike Devlin, on our skin-on-frame kayaks - same day.

      Don
      --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "James Shadle" <James@...> wrote:

      > Hello Guys,
      > I told Don and Carey I would keep them up to date with the festival
      > program.
      >
      > Well I have been really busy(hooray!) and I hope this does not come
      > to late.
      >
      > Here is my program schedule for this Sat 12 :
      >

      > Florida Outdoor Image Showcase. 10-11am
      >
      > Digital Photography Nuts and Bolts.11:15-12N
      >
      > Taking Creative Control of the photographic process. 1-2:15PM
      >
      > Saving The Environment One Frame At A Time. 2:30-4PM
      >
      > Here is a link:
      > http://www.charlotteharbortravel.com/cms/index.php?id=240
      >
      > During the "Florida Outdoor Image Showcase" I will be showing images
      > we did for Nat Geo from the Calusa Blueway.
      >
      > Hope to see you there!
      >
      > James

    • Don
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
        Rege just called to let me know that Byron Stout has an article in
        today's paper, about the festival.

        The article tells a bit more about James Schadle, plus it has an
        interview that Byron Stout did with me the other day. The article is
        in Lifestyles, and it is also online - here is a link:

        http://snipurl.com/240hk

        Rege told me that there is a pic of me in the paper, but it didn't
        appear online, although there is a great example of one of James
        Schadle's pictures - a pelican silhouetted against the sky.

        Don
      • jeanette chupack
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
          Don,  Your pic was in the paper--hard copy version.  Do you want me to save it for you?  I might be able to scan it and send via e-mail.

          Jeanette

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 13, 2008
            --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "jeanette chupack" <jjchupack@...>
            wrote:

            > Don, Your pic was in the paper--hard copy version. Do you want me
            to save it for you? I might be able to scan it and send via e-mail.

            > Jeanette

            Jeanette -

            Thank you! I grabbed a few copies - one for my mother, one for me,
            and I gave one to James Schadle when I saw him at the Festival. That
            was his spectacular pic of the pelican against an orange sky, on the
            cover of Lifestyles. He was thrilled to see that the News-Press blew
            his pic up to such a large size. James also told me that he got a
            lot of "oohs and aahs" during his presentation, when he showed the
            slide that he took of Brenda in the see-through Toibote. H-h-h-h-m-m-
            m-mmmm. Reacting to the see-through kayak, or Brenda?

            The Festival was well-attended, and the clinics had plenty of
            spectators. Lots of people were very interested in our skin-on-frame
            kayaks, especially the newest prototype, which came in at 33 lbs.,
            total finished weight, with the permanent ballistic nylon skin. Ed
            Engel gave us the ultimate compliment, when asked about our kayak
            presentation... a one-word answer... "Spectacular!" Thank you, Ed!
            That means a lot to me, coming from you.

            Don
          • jeanette chupack
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2008
              Glad you got the papers.  Congrats on a successful presentation!!  Loved the bird picture, but have to use my imagination on the Brenda shot :-)

              Jeanette

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 14, 2008
                wrote:

                > Glad you got the papers. Congrats on a successful presentation!!
                Loved the bird picture, but have to use my imagination on the Brenda
                shot :-)

                > Jeanette

                Jeanette -

                Thank you! I just added 5 pics to my old Myakka River photo album
                (because that's where I had other pics of the Toibote) - I'm not sure
                which ones James used in his presentation, but it was among these 5.

                Don
              • jeanette chupack
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 14, 2008
                  Got them!  Very stylish!  J.