Orange River Trip Report

  • tebkrass
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3 8:32 AM
      What a great day for a kayak trip! The weather was just about
      perfect, no wind, not many power boats and a few cooperative
      manatees. The paddle began with a forward stroke clinic..or
      introduction to kayak paddling... presented by Mike Devlin, President
      of the Paradise Coast Paddling Club at 9:30. We started putting
      boats in the water a few minutes before 10:00 and Patrick and Sharmon
      lead the group out into the Orange River from Manatee Park. I think
      we set a record with 32 kayaks and 33 paddlers from four different
      clubs; SWFPC, PCPC, GCBW, and the Meet Up Group.
      We headed west to the Caloosahatchee River and then on to the power
      plant. Although we didn't find a picnic area, there was a good place
      to take break and get out of the kayak for those that wanted a
      stretch. We then headed back toward Manatee Park where we met up on
      a sand bar across from the park kayak launch. At this point some
      decided to call it a day, others went to the picnic area for lunch,
      and some head east on the Orange River to continue the paddle.
      Reports are they had a wonderful trip and didn't return to the park
      until after 4:00.
      With such a large group we had wide variety of paddling skills.
      Some with lots of experience and some who were in their boats for the
      first time. Thanks to everyone who participated, helped keep us
      together and made the day lots of fun. Hope to see everyone again!
      Terri
    • Gerald Franz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3 10:34 AM
        Terri,
        Thanks for leading the trip.  I had a great time!

        Jerry Franz

      • rgcapecoral@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3 1:05 PM
          Terri,

          Thanks for getting trip together!

          Had fun & always nice meeting new paddlers.

          Rege

        • Darlene
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4 9:39 AM
            That goes for me too Terri, BIG THANKS, it was a great trip for some of
            us newbies. Was nice meeting everyone and looking forward to seeing you
            all again.

            Darlene