what a great time

  • Michael Devlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2007
      The PARADISE COAST PADDLERS KAYAK FISHING TOURNEY was huge fun

      Thanks to the Capri Fish House, The Captains Meetings huge burger was a great a BIG -TASTY SURPRISE!!
      The fishing gift bag was a Christmas stocking with actually great gifts!! Not CRAP(per Dave Bays)
      The red stocking with white trim (see Photo album) was filled with: & THANKS:
      1) A waterproof head light -donated by club member  Steve King & Johnson Supply
      2) A water bottle insulator
      3) A Coast Guard safety whistle
      4) A carabiner
      5)  Bug repellant
      6) Various t-shirts
      Number 2 thru 6 were all donated by Chris Boland of Saltwater Sports in Naples
      7) Lens Cleaner for your cameras donated by club member Don McCumber
            & last but DEFINETLY not least
      8) A FANTASTIC  Measuring Board made & donated by club member Dave Bays

      Special Thanks to Don McCumber--Don made FANTASTIC PLAQUES (see photos) for all the winners & presented Chris Boland of SALTWATER SPORTS with a SPECIAL Sponsor Award

      Remember the entry fee was ONLY $35 !!!!

      The 1st Place winner was Don $100
             2nd Place winner was Andy (17 yrs old) $ 75
             3rd Place winner was Brian $ 50

      At the Captains Meeting we decided that our Tournaments are going to stay fun! We are going to have the next Tourney @ the April Kayak Festival &  (probably) 30 participants will be the cutoff..

      I want to personally thank Chris from Saltwater Sports for donating  the Prize money!!
      We are truly lucky to have someone like Chris that is knowledgable, loves paddling( just earned his ACA Level  III  Certification) . loves  fishing  & loves our paddling environment ,in our own backyard.
      I can't tell you how many times I have FORCED Chris to put his store name on our projects. He says "I don't want to mix pleasure with business" , so I do it anyway.. I just thought EVERYBODY should know, just how much this guy loves what we do!!!!!!

      For those of you that missed this great time -Na- Na -Na - Na -Na - Na Youmessedup

      Mike Devlin, president
      Paradise Coast Paddlers Club

      REMEMBER: RESPECT THE WATER - KNOW YOUR ABILITIES
                                               PADDLE @ YOUR OWN RISK
                                                     BE SAFE HAVE FUN!