Re: Cayo Costa alternative:

  • mabelmaga@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello again,

      For all those who would like to join us, but do not want to paddle from Pine Island to Cayo Costa, or do not want to circumnavigate the 2 islands, my sister, Sonia, is also coming. She plans to take the ferry over and rent a kayak from Tropical Star. She will be kayaking in the sound and probably over to the famous cheeseburgers - nice and easy paddles. She is very familiar with the area too. She will do some hiking. So, even if you are not going to paddle and you want to come, we would love to have you. Hopefully we can have a big camp fires so bring your marshmallows.

      If you have any questions, feel free to call or e-mail me
      321-695-3328 or mabelmaga@...

      Mabel

      In a message dated 10/1/2007 10:26:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, woodkayaker@... writes:
      --- In pcpcnaples@yahoogro ups.com, Michael Devlin <midon6182@. ..>
      wrote:

      > call Chris 298-0810, I know there are a few that would like to do
      that Mike devlin

      > godslawman77 <godslawman77@ ...>
      wrote: Anyone interested in getting
      together a small group of two three four
      > or so to do a distance paddle each week or every other week.
      >
      > Something about these long fast paced paddles that seems to do
      wonders
      > for the metabolism and energy level.
      >
      > I used to do these on a river in Central Florida

      If you might be interested in combining a long distance paddle with
      kayak camping, there are a few of us that will be camping on Cayo
      Costa the weekend of October 19-21. We are planning to
      circumnavigate Cayo Costa and North Captiva, weather permitting. We
      have 3 cabins reserved, and there are a few bunk spaces available.
      There are also tent spaces available. E-mail me if interested:
      Woodkayaker@ yahoo.com

      Don