Collier Seminole State Park

  • ktorman1@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
      I'm looking for information on camping in Collier Seminole State Park the weekend of Nov.10,11. Four to six of us might come down to join the "Win Turner Turner River Trip" and camp there. How is the park, campsites, bugs, etc, that time of year. Any information would be really helpful. If there is a better spot nearby, I'd like to know that as well!
      Thanks.
      Kayne
    • Patrick Dobbels
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2007
        Hi Do a search at www.floridastateparks.org/collierstatepark

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2007
          Thank you Patrick,
          I did visit that site already, but was looking more for feedback from people who have camped there, especially at that time of year. I appreciate the info though!
          Kayne

          From: Patrick Dobbels <eenawektrick@...>
          Date: 2007/09/02 Sun PM 12:40:14 CDT
          To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [swflpc] Collier Seminole State Park

          Hi Do a search at www.floridastateparks.org/collierstatepark

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2007
            Hi,

            I've paddled out of the park on several occasions. Also camped near
            Grocery Point south of Mud Bay on my first camping trip in S FL in a
            windless clearing. It was absolutely the worse noseeum experience
            I've ever had. My guess is that Nov 10-11 will be a bit early,
            meaning, expect lots of mosquitoes and noseeums. Camp in the
            breeziest spot you can find. Bring lots of DEET. Good luck.

            Keith

          • ktorman1@verizon.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2007
              Well, I think that is the deciding report. Thanks Keith! I'm looking for a cabin.

              KayneFrom: Keith Wellman <kwellma1@...>
              Date: 2007/09/03 Mon AM 08:06:05 CDT
              To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com

              Hi,

              I've paddled out of the park on several occasions. Also camped near
              Grocery Point south of Mud Bay on my first camping trip in S FL in a
              windless clearing. It was absolutely the worse noseeum experience
              I've ever had. My guess is that Nov 10-11 will be a bit early,
              meaning, expect lots of mosquitoes and noseeums. Camp in the
              breeziest spot you can find. Bring lots of DEET. Good luck.

              Keith

              --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, <ktorman1@...> wrote:

              > Thank you Patrick,
              > I did visit that site already, but was looking more for feedback
              from people who have camped there, especially at that time of year. I
              appreciate the info though!
              > Kayne
              >
              > From: Patrick Dobbels <eenawektrick@...>
              > Date: 2007/09/02 Sun PM 12:40:14 CDT
              > To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [swflpc] Collier Seminole State Park
              >

              > Hi Do a search at www.floridastateparks.org/collierstatepark

            • Michael Devlin
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
                The Win Turner Turner River Trip has changed to Nov 4th--The Grand Opening of the PARADISE COAST BLUEWAY  is Nov 10th  Mike Devlin

              • Don
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
                  --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, Michael Devlin <mdev6182@...> wrote:

                  > The Win Turner Turner River Trip has changed to Nov 4th--The Grand
                  Opening of the PARADISE COAST BLUEWAY is Nov 10th Mike Devlin

                  November 4th - Calusa Blueway Festival's Fishing Tournament.

                  http://www.calusabluewaypaddlingfestival.com/