Re: Fisheating Creek 8/5/07

  • puc_yak_kar
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
      Miss Pat:

      Could you give me a little more info on the pads and cushions, like
      what part of my yak would need protecting?....maybe, how thick the pads
      should be? If you'd perfer, I could call Fisheating and find out.

      Thank you.
    • gatormomlynne
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
        --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "puc_yak_kar" <puc_yak_kar@...> wrote:

        > Miss Pat:
        >
        > Could you give me a little more info on the pads and cushions,
        like
        > what part of my yak would need protecting?....maybe, how thick the
        pads
        > should be? If you'd perfer, I could call Fisheating and find out.
        >
        > Thank you.

        I can help with this... we were just there last weekend. Your boat
        will be transported on the wooden crossbars of the trailer. You'll
        want 2 foam pads (at least 1" thick) to protect the bottom. But if
        you go with a large group, as we did, they'll put 2 boats on each
        set of crossbars. That means the boats will be propped against each
        other to a certain degree. A couple of thick towels to put between
        the boats will help. The ride to the put in is about 20 minutes on
        mostly smooth paved road, so jostling is kept to a minimun except
        for the short trip to the water's edge. We had a great trip... one
        the best paddles in Florida. Have fun everyone.
        Lynne
      • Jesse Willert
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
          like the pads people use when they don't have a rack
          an inch or two thick
          noodles (the brightly colored swim toys) also work fairly well since they are made with closed cell foam
          i would suggest bringing duct tape to secure your pads

          jesse

          Could you give me a little more info on the pads and cushions, like
          what part of my yak would need protecting?. ...maybe, how thick the pads
          should be? If you'd perfer, I could call Fisheating and find out.

          Thank you.

          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
        • Maxis
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
            Hi,

            Does anyone know how to get there? this will be my first time? I have
            a GPS in case you have coordinates?

            Thank you.

            --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "gatormomlynne" <gatormomlynne@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "puc_yak_kar" <puc_yak_kar@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Miss Pat:
            > >
            > > Could you give me a little more info on the pads and cushions,
            > like
            > > what part of my yak would need protecting?....maybe, how thick
            the
            > pads
            > > should be? If you'd perfer, I could call Fisheating and find out.
            > >
            > > Thank you.
            > >
            > I can help with this... we were just there last weekend. Your boat
            > will be transported on the wooden crossbars of the trailer. You'll
            > want 2 foam pads (at least 1" thick) to protect the bottom. But if
            > you go with a large group, as we did, they'll put 2 boats on each
            > set of crossbars. That means the boats will be propped against
            each
            > other to a certain degree. A couple of thick towels to put between
            > the boats will help. The ride to the put in is about 20 minutes on
            > mostly smooth paved road, so jostling is kept to a minimun except
            > for the short trip to the water's edge. We had a great trip... one
            > the best paddles in Florida. Have fun everyone.
            > Lynne

          • puc_yak_kar
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
              Thanks for the info all, I appreciate it!
              I'm thinkin my knee pads for gardening should work just fine.

              --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, Jesse Willert <jman1310@...> wrote:

              > like the pads people use when they don't have a rack
              > an inch or two thick
              > noodles (the brightly colored swim toys) also work fairly well
              since they are made with closed cell foam
              > i would suggest bringing duct tape to secure your pads
              >
              > jesse

              arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif}#ygrp-mlmsg TABLE { }#ygrp-mlmsg
              SELECT { FONT: 99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif}INPUT {
              FONT: 99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif}TEXTAREA { FONT:
              99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif}#ygrp-mlmsg PRE { FONT: 100%
              monospace}CODE { FONT: 100% monospace}#ygrp-mlmsg * { LINE-
              HEIGHT: 1.22em}#ygrp-text { FONT-FAMILY: Georgia}#ygrp-text P {
              MARGIN: 0px 0px 1em}#ygrp-tpmsgs { CLEAR: both; FONT-
              FAMILY: Arial}#ygrp-vitnav { FONT-SIZE: 77%; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-
              TOP: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana}#ygrp-vitnav A { PADDING-
              RIGHT: 1px; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px}
              #ygrp-actbar { CLEAR: both; MARGIN: 25px 0px; COLOR: #666; WHITE-
              SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: right}#ygrp-actbar .left { FLOAT: left;
              WHITE-SPACE: nowrap}..bld { FONT-WEIGHT: bold}#ygrp-grft {
              PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 77%;
              PADDING-BOTTOM: 15px; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-FAMILY:
              > Verdana}#ygrp-ft { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: #666 1px
              solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 77%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px;
              PADDING-TOP: 5px; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}#ygrp-mlmsg #logo {
              PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px}#ygrp-vital { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-
              TOP: 2px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0ecee}#ygrp-vital #vithd { FONT-
              WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 77%; TEXT-TRANSFORM: uppercase; COLOR: #333;
              FONT-FAMILY: Verdana}#ygrp-vital UL { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-
              LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 2px 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px}
              #ygrp-vital UL LI { CLEAR: both; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0ecee 1px solid;
              BORDER-TOP: #e0ecee 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0ecee 1px solid; BORDER-
              BOTTOM: #e0ecee 1px solid; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none}#ygrp-vital UL
              LI .ct { PADDING-RIGHT: 0.5em; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FLOAT:
              right; WIDTH: 2em; COLOR: #ff7900; TEXT-ALIGN: right}#ygrp-vital UL
              LI .cat { FONT-WEIGHT: bold}#ygrp-vital A { TEXT-
              DECORATION: none}#ygrp-vital A:hover {
              > TEXT-DECORATION: underline}#ygrp-sponsor #hd { FONT-SIZE:
              77%; COLOR: #999}#ygrp-sponsor #ov { PADDING-RIGHT: 13px; PADDING-
              LEFT: 13px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP:
              6px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e0ecee}#ygrp-sponsor #ov UL { PADDING-
              RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px;
              PADDING-TOP: 0px}#ygrp-sponsor #ov LI { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-
              LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 77%; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px;
              LIST-STYLE-TYPE: square}#ygrp-sponsor #ov LI A { FONT-SIZE:
              130%; TEXT-DECORATION: none}#ygrp-sponsor #nc { PADDING-RIGHT: 8px;
              PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 20px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-
              TOP: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #eee}#ygrp-sponsor .ad { PADDING-
              RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1 { FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 100%;
              COLOR: #628c2a; LINE-HEIGHT: 122%; FONT-FAMILY: Arial}#ygrp-
              sponsor .ad A { TEXT-DECORATION: none}#ygrp-sponsor .ad A:hover {
              TEXT-DECORATION:
              > underline}#ygrp-sponsor .ad P { MARGIN: 0px}o { FONT-SIZE:
              0px}..MsoNormal { MARGIN: 0px}#ygrp-text TT { FONT-SIZE:
              120%}BLOCKQUOTE { MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 4px}..replbq { }

              > ---------------------------------
              > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
              Yahoo! Games.

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
                Maxis,
                Take I75 south, exit on Hwy 80 which is Exit# 141, turn left (east)
                Take 80 East toward LaBelle (approx 25 miles from I75 & Hwy 80).
                In LaBelle turn left at Hwy 29 to go north (travel approx 12 miles on Hwy 29)
                At Hwy 27 turn left, Fisheating Creek park is on left (look for small brown sign).

                For more information about Fisheating Creek go to:
                fisheatingcreek.com
                fisheatingcreekresort.com

                Pat Owen

                wrote:

                > --- In swflpc@yahoogroups. com, "puc_yak_kar" <puc_yak_kar@ > wrote:
                > >
                > > Miss Pat:
                > >
                > > Could you give me a little more info on the pads and cushions,
                > like
                > > what part of my yak would need protecting?. ...maybe, how thick
                the
                > pads
                > > should be? If you'd perfer, I could call Fisheating and find out.
                > >
                > > Thank you.
                > >
                > I can help with this... we were just there last weekend. Your boat
                > will be transported on the wooden crossbars of the trailer. You'll
                > want 2 foam pads (at least 1" thick) to protect the bottom. But if
                > you go with a large group, as we did, they'll put 2 boats on each
                > set of crossbars. That means the boats will be propped against
                each
                > other to a certain degree. A couple of thick towels to put between
                > the boats will help. The ride to the put in is about 20 minutes on
                > mostly smooth paved road, so jostling is kept to a minimun except
                > for the short trip to the water's edge. We had a great trip... one
                > the best paddles in Florida. Have fun everyone.
                > Lynne

              • Maxis
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Hi Pat,

                  Thank you for the information. I shall see you guys there! Wooohoo!

                  --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, p8owen@... wrote:

                  > Maxis,
                  >

                  > Take I75 south, exit on Hwy 80 which is Exit# 141, turn left (east)
                  > Take 80 East toward LaBelle (approx 25 miles from I75 & Hwy 80).
                  >
                  > In?LaBelle turn left at Hwy 29 to go north (travel approx 12 miles
                  on Hwy 29)

                  > At Hwy 27 turn left, Fisheating Creek park is on left (look for
                  small brown sign).

                  > For more information about Fisheating Creek go to:
                  >
                  > fisheatingcreek.com
                  >
                  > fisheatingcreekresort.com
                  >

                  > Pat Owen

                  __

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 2, 2007
                    Reminder:  Meet Sunday 8am Fisheating Creek park, $20 shuttle to Burnt Bridge, paddle down creek 8 miles (3-4 hours).  Bring water, food, sunscreen, etc.

                    16 people have signed up so far, there's room for more.

                    For complete description, directions, see my post earlier this week.

                    Pat Owen
                    cell 239-410-0167

                  • Jesse Willert
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2007
                      Jeanette,

                      Pat called me today and said you'd like to carpool.
                      give a call at 815 505 0563 or send an email

                      jesse