Weekly Update

  • Michael A Shaw
    Message 1 of 58 , Jun 11, 2007

      S.W. Florida Paddler: Online Edition

      Upcoming Trips: The following paddle trips have been planned by the club. The expected level of difficulty for each trip is listed. Trips rated G are shorter, easy trips appropriate for beginners. Longer trips that are more challenging but still suitable for beginners are rated A. The most demanding trips, rated B, often require more physical endurance & paddling skill and a seaworthy boat. Trips rated N feature limited support and are recommended for experts only.
        Please call the coordinator in advance if you are planning to go on a trip; a listed trip may be cancelled if too few people express interest. Be prepared, unexpected weather or water conditions might push a trip beyond your comfort level; ask your trip coordinator for advice. Each trip has a phone number listed.         All phone numbers are area code 239 unless otherwise noted.

      Please note: The June Meeting has been moved!
       6/12 Special S.W. Florida Paddle Club Meeting: CAt the South County library, 21100 Three Oaks Parkway in Estero at 7:00 p.m. For details: Mike Shaw 860-1804. paddlermike@...

      6/14 Paradise Coast Paddler’s Club Meeting: C6:30 p.m. at the East Naples Library in Naples, FL  More information: Mike Devlin 348-0800. midon6182@...

      Kayak Fishing Club: C Meets in Naples, first Thursday of the month. Details: Chris Boland 262-6149.

      This newsletter online:  C Receive one monthly e-mail & one update each  week. Great for phones and PDAs.

      Copyright 2007, Michael A. Shaw. May not be reproduced without permission.

    • Michael A Shaw
      Message 58 of 58 , Apr 28 3:13 PM
[...]

        5/01 Paradise Coast Kayak Fishing Club:
        CMeets at 7:00 p.m. at Sunshine Ace Hardware, 4929 Rattlesnake Hammock Rd, Naples. Guest speakers and free popcorn! Details: Chris Boland 262-6149. saltwatersports@...

        5/04 Estero River Races:
        CCompete by class in a short or long race from Estero River Outfitters. Volunteers needed to help register and score racers. For more info: 992-4050

        Southwest Florida paddling Club:
        CMeets at 7:30 p.m. second Tuesday of the month in Founder's Hall at the United Methodist Church near Broadway in Estero. Details: Pat Owen 410-0167. p8owen@...
        Map:
        http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&trf=0&lon=-81.809167&lat=26.441392&mag=1

        Paradise Coast Kayak Fishing Club:
        CMeets at 7:00 p.m. first Thursday of the month at Sunshine Ace Hardware, 4929 Rattlesnake Hammock Rd, Naples. Details: Chris Boland 262-6149. saltwatersports@...

        Paradise Coast Paddling Club:

        This newsletter online:

        ƒn On a personal note: after over ten years, I will be handing this newsletter over to Pat Owen. I will send the U.S. Mail version to everyone until their subscriptions run out. I don't know if Pat will continue mailings in the future.

        Thank you all for the wonderful gift of a resonator guitar and thank you also for your support of the club. I hope my efforts have made paddling in S.W. Florida more enjoyable and I hope everyone continues to support the club and the effort the trip coordinators and other members put into planning safe, fun events.                                     Michael A. Shaw