trip cayo costa

  • partickdobbels
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2005
      hope to see you all there. 8:30 AM mulletville
      PARKING MIGHT BE AN ISSUE !!!!
      PATRICK
    • yngona desmond
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
        so .. how was the trip out to cayo costa? how many went? any
        adventures to relate? anyone see the 15' gator?

        ... yngona
      • Patrick Dobbels
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
          Hi Yngona:
              The trip out was fine. When we came back it was a horse of a different color. We got to Cabbage Key and storm clouds moved in so- we went to the resturant and had some food an cold beverages. Figuring it may blow over. It didn't. When we left for Pine Island it got worse. We stoped at Useppa and waited for it to calm down. Then we started back again only to run into more rain. We all rafted up and drifted almost to Patricio Island and took a compass heading of due east. It finally cleared and we made it to Pineland only to be hit by anouther frog stangler. All in all it was a pretty good day. I had a great time. Hope to see you on the water soon.
                                                                    Patrick

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
            I met up with the Cayo Costa group at Part Island, along with my
            paddling buddy, Jack Worthington. It's worth mentioning, to those
            that didn't make the trip - the mangrove tunnel through Part Island is
            closed. Pat mentioned that he had checked it out in April, and found
            that Charlie had messed it up pretty badly. I went in a fairly short
            distance, finding that, not only were there many tree branches
            crossing the path, but that the water was scummed over on the
            surface... indicating that there was no longer any flow through there.
            Pat - good to see you again... it's been years. I'm looking
            forward to paddling with you again soon.
            Don