Re: Spray Skirts

  • kwellma1
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
      I have a full neoprene spray skirt which I use in rough conditions
      and/or when it is cool. Full spray skirts are too warm much of the
      time in SFl, so I use a "half spray skirt." Voyageur markets half
      spray skirts (mini skirt). The virtue of a half spray skirt is that it
      is cool and keeps the sun off your legs. If you fish, you can slip
      your rod handle under the skirt into your cockpit. The bad part of
      half spray skirts is that if it gets windy and rough, they cannot keep
      water out of your boat which leads to capsize. So, they are strickly
      for calm conditions.

      An excellent discussion of spray skirts and selection can be found at
      www.outdooreyes.com/choosesprayskirt.php3

      Keith