Sore butt & numb legs

  • yakandsnorkel2
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Everyone,
      Need some advice, HELP!
      Recently purchased 17'Perception Eclipse yak used. I'm 6'-1", 205lbs.
      cockpit measures 18 1/2" X 34".
      Problem is after paddling a couple hours my butt gets REAL SORE & my
      legs go numb. It's the older Eclipse without the new liquid cell seat.
      The seat back is padded but real firm, Patrick described it " like a
      2X4 wood block". Jerry at Estero River Outfitters checked and said new
      eclipse seat wouldn't fit older Eclipse.
      Did wreck motorcycycle and fracture 2 vertebre 15 years ago
      (significant?).
      Anyone have similar problems? Advice???
      Thanks,
      Rege Good 239-443-8136
    • Donna or Mike
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
        Rege, I don't know about seats and bands --just what works ---Maybe it is as simple as posture.!?(BROKEN BACK SURE DOESN'T HELP)

      • rgcapecoral@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
          Thanks Mike,
          I'm going to try some closed cell foam on the seat, and I removed seat & raked it about 1/4"  and moved it back about 1".  If anyone knows of nearest dealer that may have some bands, let me know. Dave Whitford trying to help, Thanks Dave.
          See Ya on the water!
          Rege

          PS. Mike, Are you re-scheduling trip??
        • Patrick Dobbels
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
            Hi Rege Try www.nrsweb.com They have a bunch of stuff to modify your seat.
                         Patrick, ps also www.piragis.com

            Rege, I don't know about seats and bands --just what works ---Maybe it is as simple as posture.!?(BROKEN BACK SURE DOESN'T HELP)
            Recently purchased 17'Perception Eclipse yak used. I'm 6'-1", 205lbs.
            cockpit measures 18 1/2" X 34".
            Problem is after paddling a couple hours my butt gets REAL SORE & my
            legs go numb. It's the older Eclipse without the new liquid cell seat.
            The seat back is padded but real firm, Patrick described it " like a
            2X4 wood block". Jerry at Estero River Outfitters checked and said new
            eclipse seat wouldn't fit older Eclipse.
            Did wreck motorcycycle and fracture 2 vertebre 15 years ago
            (significant?).
            Anyone have similar problems? Advice???
            Thanks,
            Rege Good 239-443-8136

            PaddlingPaddling gearCanoeing and kayaking
            Paddling jacketPaddling clothingPaddling equipment

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • rgcapecoral@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
              Hi Patrick,