    From: Hammond, Michael <MHammond@...>
    To: Hammond, Michael <MHammond@...>
    Sent: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 8:15 am
    Subject: calusa blueway

    Hello Everyone,

    These first few weeks have flown by.  Thank you for those of you who been so supportive of the Blueway and me taking on this new position.  I wanted to send a reminder and a couple updates.

    We are not having one large festival on the first weekend of November.  Instead, we are having several events / programs throughout the year.  We are having the Calusa Fishing Tournament on November 1st.

    Prior to the fishing tournament, we have a Kayak Camping Program at Wa-Ke Hatchee Park on August 19th.  Pat Owen will be presenting.  Please see below.

    October 25th is the Surfers for Autism event on Fort Myers Beach.  This is a fantastic event that I have been lucky enough to volunteer for.  On the 26th, I am offering free paddling and nature programs to the surfers and their families.  I plan on having two teams paddling from Bowditch and another team leading in front of the host hotel (Best Western).  Fort Myers Beach may also lead walking and SUP tours from the Mound House.  If anyone is interested in volunteering, please contact me.
    I could still use several volunteers who are willing to get in the water as safety boats for the tours and people to help with signing families in on Sunday.  We’re covered for registration on Saturday.

    Mark your calendar for upcoming Kayak Camping Program

    Fort Myers, FL, Aug. 1, 2014 —Join fellow paddlers for one of the most popular programs from past Great Calusa Blueway Festivals.  This free Kayak Camping Program, led by Pat Owen, will be held from 7 – 8:30 p.m., Aug. 19 at the Wa-Ke Hatchee Recreation Center located at 16760 Bass Rd, Ft. Myers, FL 33908.

    Pat Owen is an American Canoe Association Instructor and a Florida Master Naturalist with extensive experience paddling and camping along the Great Calusa Blueway Paddling Trail, through the 10,000 Islands and the Everglades.  She will share how to successfully plan, pack, and paddle your way to a successful kayak camping trip. No registration is required.

    For directions or more information call Mike Hammond, Great Calusa Blueway Coordinator at (239) 707-7981 or email mhammond@....

    The Great Calusa Blueway Paddling Trail is a 190-mile marked paddlecraft trail that meanders through Lee County, Florida’s, coastal waters and inland tributaries. For Calusa Blueway details, visit www.CalusaBlueway.com or find Calusa Blueway on Facebook.

    Thank you for all your help.

    Sincerely,

    Mike Hammond
    Great Calusa Blueway Coordinator
    Lee County Parks and Recreation
    3410 Palm Beach BLVD
    Fort Myers, FL 33916
    (239) 707-7981

    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpBHphXQTQg88L9jAYka_tSqSO9ZPJVjryuuX0yaGM1jPh5_u2uJfF5A

    Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and officials regarding County business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.

    Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.