9174Punta gorda to Matlacha

    Jun 2, 2014
      Sat I paddled from punta gorda to Matlacha, something I've always wanted to do. 1-2 miles out I saw about 6 baby rays no bigger than saucers, very peaceful, no buildings for about 10 miles, took it slow in the beginning, plenty of places to stop, ground is firm sand, saw more rays, fiddler crabs. At 16 miles I was at kismet area and hurried back. I would paddle out from punta gorda again,paddle south for about 5-7 miles then return to punta gorda pack up and go to lunch. Would be a good area for sup's too. PatO
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic