9171Cape Romano Camping, 5/24/2014, 8:30 am

  • swflpc@yahoogroups.com
    May 21 5:32 AM
      Reminder from: swflpc Yahoo Group

      Title: Cape Romano Camping

      Date: Saturday May 24, 2014
      Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
      Notes: Saturday 5/24/14 launch 10am Goodland Boat Ramp paddle to Camp Romano. Kayak Camping trip or Day Paddle (your choice) Decision to camp or not will depend on weather/wind that weekend, so far we've had quite a bit of wind, if wind continues I'll camp, if not I'll just do a day trip Saturday and maybe another day trip somewhere on Sunday. If I camp and you don't camp you'll find your way back to the boat ramp by yourself.
      It's at least a seven mile paddle each way, open water. Sea kayaks w/skirts, surfski's, SUP's welcome, paddle pace at least 3 miles per hour.
      Campsite location: two choices, south or east side of island. depends on direction of wind in pm but bring repellent anyway.
      Fees: $4.00 launch fee for non-motorized vessels, $10.00 overnight parking fee each night
      We are launching from two lane concrete boat ramp, we'll launch quickly then wait for paddlers in the water. Goodland Boat Ramp, 740 Palm Point Drive, Goodland, FL.
      Let me know if I missed something.
      PatO 239-410-0167 Southwest Florida Paddling Club

      Privacy | Terms