8995SUP Paddle Trip, 11/23/2013, 9:00 am

  • swflpc@yahoogroups.com
    Nov 16, 2013
      Reminder from: swflpc Yahoo Group

      Title: SUP Paddle Trip

      Date: Saturday November 23, 2013
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
      Notes: Our first SUP Paddle Trip
      Launch 9am
      Bunche Beach kayak launch
      parking fee (I think it's $2/hr)
      Eat a good breakfast, bring water, sun protection.

      Several of us have SUP's. I bought mine to increase balance. This trip is suitable for beginners, we may be moving at a slow pace or even in circles. The goal is to get acquainted with SUP paddling and/or improve SUP paddling comfort and skills. I will probably do a yoga-type warm up beforehand to limber myself up. When I started standing on an SUP my feet would get numb and I would have to kneel/sit until the numbness went away. Now that I feel more comfortable my feet don't go numb. I have better balance when I stand on the board with bare feet.

      If anyone wants to join us but doesn't have their own SUP, you can put in a call to rent one at one of these outfitters.

      https://paddleboardswfl.com/Home.php

      http://www.kayak-excursions.com/

      If you just want to bring your kayak and watch us that's OK.

      Directions: Take Summerlin Rd toward Sanibel, turn left at John Morris Rd, turn right at kayak launch.

      Pat Owen, Southwest Florida Paddling Club, 239-410-0167

      Copyright © 2013  Yahoo Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic