8509Re: [swflpc] 10 miler - Pine Island Sound 2/10/13 8:00 AM

  • Atmo Ram
    Feb 9 3:31 PM
      I'll be there.

      Scott B. Leland

      From: Patricia Owen <p8owen@...>
      To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2013 1:45 PM
      Subject: Re: [swflpc] 10 miler - Pine Island Sound 2/10/13 8:00 AM

      It could be a problem for some people.  I was paddling Sat AM inside North Captiva/Buck Key, saw some dead fish floating about, I don't seem to be physically affected by effects of red tide.

      Here's FWC red tide map link (below), there's low to medium red tide inside the sound, high red tide in Gulf west of islands.  According to NOAA weather winds 8-15mph are coming from east and south east which could hold red tide out in Gulf.  If winds change to west everyone should stay indoors

      http://myfwc.com/media/2487520/satelitteoverlay.pdf

      I never counted on red tide upsetting my paddling plans, I'll be at launch Sun AM.  I'll understand if I'm the only one there.

      PatO
      cell 239-410-0167