      From: Donovan Garcia <needtopaddle@...>
      Subject: Re: [swflpc] Solar chargers and info on multiweek trip
      To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 5:11 PM

      I really never used it in salt water but I think if you put it in a clear (dry bag) it will keep it sealed and away from the salt and still let the sun in.

      I use it to recharge my cell phone, marine handheld radio, AA batteries, and my computer.
       I always buy cheap junk because I either destroy it or loose it on trips.

      Brunton Makes great foldable solar panels but the cost is $ 200 plus.

      Donovan

      From: Donovan Garcia <needtopaddle@...>
      To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 3:42 PM

      Hi Regis,

      This is what I use and work great if you have the room.

      I purchased a solar pannel from Harbor Freight with the cigarette plug on the end to help keep your car battery charged it is a 12 volt output and cost about $29.

      I also purchased a 12 volt alarm pannel battery or use the batteries for deer feeders found at outdoor stores 12 volt 8 amp/hour about $ 18.
      The battery can be connected to a female cigarette plug and provide 12 volts for what ever you need. Use adapters like carphone chargers.

      I use the solar pannel to recharge the Battery and the 12 volt battery supplies power to my electronics. I can keep the battery on charge all day while paddling and use the battery at night to run and charge my computer or what ever adapters that I use with my car.

      Donovan