      From: Donovan Garcia <needtopaddle@...>
      Subject: Re: [swflpc] Solar chargers and info on multiweek trip
      To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 1, 2011, 3:42 PM

      Hi Regis,
      This is what I use and work great if you have the room.
      I purchased a solar pannel from Harbor Freight with the cigarette plug on the end to help keep your car battery charged it is a 12 volt output and cost about $29.
      I also purchased a 12 volt alarm pannel battery or use the batteries for deer feeders found at outdoor stores 12 volt 8 amp/hour about $ 18.
      The battery can be connected to a female cigarette plug and provide 12 volts for what ever you need. Use adapters like carphone chargers.
      I use the solar pannel to recharge the Battery and the 12 volt battery supplies power to my electronics. I can keep the battery on charge all day while paddling and use the battery at night to run and charge my computer or what ever adapters that I use with my car.