      From: Regis Good <yakandsnorkel2@...>
      Subject: [swflpc] Solar chargers and info on multiweek trip
      To: "SWFLPC" <swflpc@yahoogroups.com>, "Paradise Coast Paddling club" <pcpcnaples@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "Mangrove Navy" <MangroveNavy@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011, 10:10 PM

      Hi Everyone,
      Hope to pick some brains out there. In the near future I'm hoping on doing a "kayak walkabout". There are a couple of things I can use some input on:
      1. A solar charger for keeping cell phone and rechargeable batteries fresh and possibly to recharge laptop computer(if feasible).
      2. I think I've got things figured out for a week long trip but not sure if there is anything special I'd need for a multiweek trip. I've got a water purifier for fresh water and need to practice making and using a solar still for saltwater. Carey Parks is going to assist me in picking out some foods good for freezer bag meals and with some luck I'll catch some fresh fish!
      Thanks,