      From: jman1310 <jman1310@...>
      To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, February 4, 2010 8:35:34 AM
      Subject: [swflpc] Re: Hands Across The Sand - Feb. 13th

      Selfish and useless gestures like this make me very sad. Do you people drive cars? Use electricity? Use public transportation? Then all you are saying is NOT IN MY BACKYARD. Which I find selfish beyond belief. The activity still happens, just somewhere else and it becomes someone else's problem. You may be actually making things worse for the environment because there are very strict controls on such activities in the US that are not enforced in other countries. Mexico is drilling all over the Gulf of Mexico while the US has political debates about oil spills. In the meantime, we fund terrorism with Arabic gas at $3 per gallon and keep thousands unemployed who could be drilling. I would feel a lot safer to see a bunch of American oil rigs on the horizon, with skilled American labor, than foreign oil rigs with a labor pool that can't read...

      So remember what a gesture you are making as you drive to the beach in your gas powered vehicles and later watch the news broadcast on a TV powered by a oil fired power plant.

      Futile!

      --- In swflpc@yahoogroups. com, "sgandmill" <masmad@...> wrote:

      > http://handsacrossthesand.com/index.php
      >
      > What To Do On…
      > February 13, 2010
      >
      > STEP 1 Go to the beach at 1:00 PM Eastern/12:00 PM Central Time for one hour, rain or shine.
      >
      > STEP 2 At 1:30 PM EST/12:30 PM CST, join hands for 15 minutes forming lines in the sand against oil drilling in our coastal waters.
      >
      > STEP 3 Leave only your footprints.
      >
      > No oil in our waters, No oil on our beaches.

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic