3706Fwd: FPTA Multi-club picnic Sun 10/26/08

    Oct 1, 2008

      Hello FPTA Region E members…. and friends of the TRAIL…
      Only 25 days left….

      You may have already received the attached flier for the upcoming FPTA gathering at Lovers Key.
      I would like to encourage your participation so that you may meet our Region Trail Keepers:
      Mike Standerfer -. Segment 12: Pine Island/Estero Bay. Cayo Costa State Park  (N26 41.058’ W82 14.678’) to Lover’s Key State Park (N26 23.60’ W81 52.38’).

      James Hessler - Segment 13: Rookery Bay/Ten Thousand Islands. Lover’s Key State Park (N26 23.60’ W81 52.38’) to Everglades City (N25 51.25’ W81 23.43’).

      They conduct regular, relaxed inspections and workdays on different parts of the ‘the trail’ in our region. If you would like to become involved by feeding information to them for a part of the trail you’ve paddled, please let me know and I will put you in touch with them. To date- Region E has hosted two workdays/meetings since the organizations inception almost a year ago. Our main mission has been working on identifying more camping spots along our section of the trail.

      I know many in Paradise Coast Paddlers and the SWFLA Paddling Club have already helped us on more then one occasion. On behalf of the FPTA, I do appreciate your assistance.

      PLEASE! I NEED YOUR HELP in collecting door prize items for the upcoming picnic. Please collect an item (paddle leash, croakies, crocs) or gift certificate from a local outfitter or dinner at a trail side eatery. These items will be used in our Door Prize drawing on October 26. IF we each collect at least one item we should have plenty to offer our picnic attendees.
      ** FOR every two items you donate YOU WILL RECEIVE a FREE raffle ticket for the drawing!  Our goal is to promote area amenities that will keep them coming back to Region E and the great paddling it offers!

      No need to send the items to me, just let me know what you are bringing and most importantly, WHO DONATED it so we can give credit to them. (Remember to let them know we are a non-profit)

      SOME OF OUR DONATIONS SO FAR include gift certificates for free rentals, campsites, clothing and a variety of paddling accessories thanks to:
       CHICAGO KAYAK COMPANY **  BUTTRESTFISHING **  ESTERO RIVER OUTFITTERS ** LEE COUNTY PARKS & RECREATION **….add your donors name here!!

      I do so appreciate you helping and look forward to meeting you!

      Nancy MacPhee
      239-707-7275