2369Re: [swflpc] Collier Seminole State Park

  • Keith Wellman
    Sep 3, 2007
      Hi,

      I've paddled out of the park on several occasions. Also camped near
      Grocery Point south of Mud Bay on my first camping trip in S FL in a
      windless clearing. It was absolutely the worse noseeum experience
      I've ever had. My guess is that Nov 10-11 will be a bit early,
      meaning, expect lots of mosquitoes and noseeums. Camp in the
      breeziest spot you can find. Bring lots of DEET. Good luck.

      Keith

      --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, <ktorman1@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Patrick,
      > I did visit that site already, but was looking more for feedback
      from people who have camped there, especially at that time of year. I
      appreciate the info though!
      > Kayne
      >
      > From: Patrick Dobbels <eenawektrick@...>
      > Date: 2007/09/02 Sun PM 12:40:14 CDT
      > To: swflpc@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [swflpc] Collier Seminole State Park
      >

      > Hi Do a search at www.floridastateparks.org/collierstatepark

      Park the weekend of Nov.10,11. Four to six of us might come down to
      join the "Win Turner Turner River Trip" and camp there. How is the
      park, campsites, bugs, etc, that time of year. Any information would
      be really helpful. If there is a better spot nearby, I'd like to know
      that as well!
      > Thanks.
      > Kayne

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic