1988Learn from my mistake

  • Yona Munro
    Jun 1, 2007

      June 1, 2007

      Hi

      Just want to give you folks a word of warning.

      Two weeks ago, my kayak was stolen from the dock behind our house, on a canal in Cape Coral. There were 2 kayaks on the dock, both covered by tarps, and neither one locked. These guys took the old, orange, 12’ flat-bottomed Heritage Featherlite. They left the nice 15 ½‘ Wilderness Systems Cape Lookout sea kayak. Thank goodness for their lack of discrimination.

      We live on a wide canal which has easy access to the Caloosahatchee River. Our neighbor tells me he had quite a bit of fishing gear stolen from his dock a few weeks before.

      Needless to say, I am now USING the cable and lock which we own, and we’re storing the kayaks in the back yard, where they’re not so easily accessible.

      We bought a new (used) Current Design sea kayak from Estero River. So we’ve moved a step upward.

       Yona

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic