[sw-gis] list_box entries

  • Sven Degenhardt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 1998
      Hi,

      unfortunately i'm not capable inserting anything into a list_box.

      I thought there is already a connection between the list_box and my rope, because the new method of list_box_class takes such a parameter.
      What else is necessary to show my rope in the list_box?

      Thanks for Your help
      Sven

      -----
    • Robert Schweikert
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 1998
        You need to call the changed(:rope_name) message on the model:

        method some_menu.show_rope()
        .my_rope << { "A" }
        self.changed(:my_rope)
        endmethod

        > unfortunately i'm not capable inserting anything into a list_box.
        >
        > I thought there is already a connection between the list_box and my rope, because the new method of list_box_class takes such a parameter.
        > What else is necessary to show my rope in the list_box?
      • Burt, Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 1998
          Sven,
          When you pass my_rope to the list box, you must also pass a
          <string_message> which all objects in my_rope use to display themselves in
          the list. For example, if my_rope contains a series of database records,
          try passing :write_string as the the <string_message> argument.

          List box items are very similiar to list_views, with some basic
          exceptions. First, you cannot add your own pulldown_menu to the right
          mouse. However, you can get headings for the columns in the list_box by
          passing the following args:

          :column_headers, {"heading1","heading2","heading3"},
          :column_widths, {10,10,10}

          These headings give the list_box_item that MS Windows look, like the
          file list in Explorer. Unfortunately, you cannot assign actions to the
          heading hits. This seems to be a limitation of the list_box_item.

          Also remember that the first two parameters to
          list_view.new(<new_model>,<parent>,... whereas to list_box_item they are
          list_box_item.new(<parent>,<model>,...). It's easy to get these reversed.

          Joseph Burt
          Technical Manager
          GeoData Solutions Inc.
          10075 Westmoor Drive, Suite 200
          Westminster, CO 80021 USA
          Voice: (303) 635-0500x2886 FAX: (303) 635-0510
          mailto:jburt@... http://www.geodatasolutions.com