Adding superfiles

  • tmulidzwi
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 4:46 AM
      When adding superfiles, the extension .ds was not specified eg rw0-10.ds, it was just rwo-10. There was no teace back, and the added superfile has data already, so I can't edit the file.I just want to find out what implications will this cause, if any, thanks
    • Stefan Alpers
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8 12:07 AM

        I think it has no side effects.

        When adding superfiles, the extension .ds was not specified eg rw0-10.ds, it was just rwo-10. There was no teace back, and the added superfile has data already, so I can't edit the file.I just want to find out what implications will this cause, if any, thanks

      • mbfbsae90
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13 12:46 PM
          I believe you can just rename the superfile. You just need to update the .SFI file that is located in the same directory as the orignal .DS file. This is also how you can move the components to other drives also or move the database to a new directory.

          Mark