FYI: Five Final Days of Fun at the Asian Art Museum!

  • rainlover@us.sina.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001
      FIVE FINAL DAYS OF FUN
      at the Asian Art Museum!

      SAVE THE DATES! OCTOBER 3-7, 2001
      To commemorate 35 years in Golden Gate Park, and to
      thank the Bay Area
      community for its continued support for the museum’s
      new home at Civic
      Center, the Asian Art Museum will offer a variety of
      public programs and
      free admission to all visitors during the final five
      days it is open to
      the public, October 3 - 7, 2001. Check out the
      schedule at
      http://www.asianart.org/final_days.htm.

      A free commemorative art poster featuring a Japanese
      screen of Mount Fuji
      from the museum’s collection will be available ONLY at
      member events.

      ANNUAL MEETING AND JADE CIRCLE RECEPTION
      Monday, October 1
      4:00 pm
      Jade Circle members are invited to join us for a
      review of the past year
      and the annual Jade Circle Reception. By invitation
      only.

      UPPER-LEVEL MEMBERS AND MONSOON RECEPTION
      Tuesday, October 2
      5:00 to 8:00 pm
      Contributor, Donor, Sponsor, Patron, and Monsoon
      members are invited to a
      special reception to celebrate our 35 years in Golden
      Gate Park and take a
      last look at the galleries before we move to Civic
      Center. Complimentary
      cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Sake bar hosted by
      Monsoon and sponsored by
      Takara Sake. By invitation only.

      MEMBERS EVENING
      Friday, October 5
      5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
      We're keeping our doors open late exclusively for
      members to have a last
      look at the Asian Art Museum in Golden Gate Park.
      Docent tours and
      entertainment by Aywah! Ethnic Dance Company. If you
      already called or
      emailed reservations, you’re on the guest list. If
      not, to get on the
      guest list email rsvp@... or call (415)
      379-8883.

      MEMBERS MORNING
      Saturday, October 6
      8:30 am to 9:30 am
      If you missed the Members Evening, or just want to
      come again, then come
      early and beat the crowd for a last look at the Asian
      Art Museum in Golden
      Gate Park. Museum opens to the general public at 9:30
      am. No need to make
      reservations.

      *************************************
      MUSEUM STORE CLEARANCE SALE!!!
      October 3-7

      To prepare for the move to the New Asian we will have
      a **clearance sale**
      during the closing week. All merchandise including
      books, jewelry,
      antiques, ceramics and stationery items will be 30%
      off. No other discounts apply during this sale.

      Now is a good time to pick up gift items for the
      holidays, buy the books,
      catalogs and note cards that you will want later in
      the year and support
      the Museum.

      ~~yy~~

      http://www.SINA.com - #1 Destination Site for Chinese Worldwide