Reminder:A Wonderful Party At Four Points Hotel 8/4

  • Lin Lin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2001
      Dear Friend,

      International Singles will have our bi-annual Party in Silicon Valley on Aug. 4.

      Our events are carefully designed and well organized for everyone to enjoy, get to know each other in a relaxing, friendly atmosphere. Many people have found romance through our parties. You will meet and relate to many people at our events, so RSVP online  www.internationalsingles.org or contact Lin at 650-697-8428!

      SILICON VALLEY SINGLES PARTY AT THE BEAUTIFUL FOUR POINTS HOTEL

      Held on Aug. 4, 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM at Four Points Hotel in a spacious dining room with beautiful lake, sparkling, clear pool view, and an elegant dancing floor with a cash bar.
      All singles are invited to this wonderful event.
      Agenda:
           7:00  –   7:30  Registration and Socializing
           7:30  –   9:00  Hors D'oeuvres (hot and cold) Will Be Provided
           8:00  – 10:00  Table rotations & Socializing Games
         10:00  – 10:30  Prize Drawing
         10:30  – 12:00  Dancing

      Location:  Gamay Room, Lobby Building
           1250 Lakeside Dr.
           Sunnyvale, Ca 94085
           408-738-4888

      Directions:  From 101, take Lawrence Expressway South. Make the first left onto
               Oakmead Parkway, left again onto Lakeside.

      Parking:  There is plenty of free parking around there.

      Dress Code:  Semi-formal

      Cost:  $25 Pre-registered, $30 Drop-in. Pay at the door.

      Please RSVP at  www.internationalsingles.org  or call Lin at 650-697-8428

    • ghost
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2001
        People with business backgound generally have
        no vision. They start from so called demand and
        find out what is so-callled supply by looking at what
        happened in this world or what could happen.

        But today's Hi-Tech is building a virtual
        world that far out beyond a person
        without deep knowledge in technology could see.

        It needs a kind of ability to see visionary supply and
        visionary demand which is totally blind to a pure biz
        person. Thus I believe all businessman/women
        should be kicked out from the SV :)

        Ghost

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • tlin@fastgain.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2001

          You're wrong, ghost. I think. :-)

          It maybe just as important for a mind to be "flexible"
          as it is important for it to be "visionary". :-)

          Who do you suppose were finally buying dot-com stocks
          in earnest during 1999-2000 from "early visionaries"
          and Wall Street, after having been finally persuaded
          by Wall Street's sell-side "analysts" of the "strong
          and obvious" high-tech "uptrend" and their continued,
          and "extremely rosy potential"? :-)

          Sometimes, it is desirable to look at the world from
          a "financial/economic food chain", i.e. "ecological",
          perspective, for a novel understanding of "the human
          jungle". :-)

        • ghostinfo2000@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2001
            It dosn't matter whose opinion is right,
            but the strategy to forward my message to
            everywhere is really good. You will gain
            a lot support. :)

            ghost

          • tlin@fastgain.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2001

              Support is not the goal. To promote discussions and
              thinking, and exchange of views, for or against, are.

              Besides, ideas are to be judged on their independent
              merits. Support is no more assured than opposition.

            • ghostinfo2000@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2001
                I found you are talented but your talent is kind of
                used in the wrong way, you seems like to pick up
                some pseudo-questions and do a serious arguement in
                professional jargon. :)

                ghost

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2001

                  What were the "some pseudo-questions"? How do
                  you define one?

                  I replied out of courtesy. Your earlier message
                  suggested that I was looking for support, which
                  wasn't true but rather your own projection. I
                  am faithful to the truthfulness of ideas and to
                  logic, not ego or vanity.

                  I know you didn't get it, but that's OK. Take
                  it easy! Have fun!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2001
                    If you like to tell me your backgroud,
                    I may understand you better.

                    I know comparing with your grand "faithful to the
                    truthfulness of ideas and to logic", I am
                    a little too wrapped up in my own " ego or
                    vanity". :)

                    Thanks for your constructive input,
                    and you have fun too. :)

                    Ghost