SVWA Shinshin school summer visit

  • SV Women's Association
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2013
      Dear all,

      Hope you all enjoyed a great summer.  I have a great news to share with you all.  Our Chairwoman, Xiaofeng Zhang, is planning a trip to visit our SVWA Shinshin school, 四川省巴中市南江縣高塔 金盆硅谷女性欣欣小學, located in Sichuan province.  We will contact the school to see what they need and will buy their requirements in China.

      If you have any suggestions or would like to donate to add to the fund, please contact us at svwomen@...

      For donation,  you can cut the check to Silicon Valley Women Association,  mail to:
      2262 Silver Terrace Way,  San Jose,  CA 95138.

      SVWA ShinShin School, 四川省巴中市南江縣高塔 天馬村硅谷女性欣欣小學  was built on 2007. SVWA had worked very hard for three years and raised about $20,000 to establish the SVWA Shin Shin Elementary School in the poorest area in Sichuan Province, China, under the governance of  Shin Shin Educational Foundation.

      We had successful completed two school visits in 2009 and 2011. Alice Sundberg visited the school in 2009 winter and Albert visited China at 2011 Summer, they delivered $4,000 worth of classroom equipment, stationary, and cash. We saw happy children in better and safer studying environment.

      Recently, SVWA Shinshin school merged into 四川省巴中市南江縣高塔鄉 金盆硅谷女性欣欣小學. Total number of students is around 300 with17 teachers.
      On behalf of the Silicon Valley Women, we would like to thank you for your generous donations and support. A few hundred students have immediately benefits from this effort.

      The executive team of Silicon Valley Women continues to advance its mission of “Charity, Community Service and Culture”.  Your commitment to help building schools for underprivileged kids in China is sincerely appreciated.
      Thanks again for your donations and support in the past years!

      Alice Sundberg

      SVWA

      SVWA, a group by the women, and for the women!

      Website: http://www.svwomen.org
      Contact: svwomen@...