Silicon Valley Women Association Newsletter 20101110

  • SV Women's Association
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11 12:01 AM
     SVWA

    Silicon Valley Women Association Newsletter 20101110

    1.      SVWA 快讯: Silicon Valley Women Association received Volunteer Ventures grant from Met Life

    2.      SVWA Event:  The 10th “Art in Clay – Show and Sales” opens to SVWA members and their friends before public viewing.  Saturday, November 13th

    3.      SVWA Event:  北京大学校友会和 硅谷女性协会联合举办女性美好生活讲座. Saturday, November 20th

    1.      SVWA 快讯: Silicon Valley Women Association received Volunteer Ventures grant from Met Life

    Thanks to the great effort made by our V.P. of Charity Alice Sundberg, SVWA received a Volunteer Venture grant of $250 from MetLife. We will assign this fund to be exclusively used for our Silicon Valley Women Shin Shin Elementary School in SiChuan (四川省南江县高塔乡天马村硅谷女性欣欣小学). With the joint effort of ShinShin Educational Foundation, hundreds of SVWA volunteers worked hard for years to have our school established. Our entire organization takes great pride on this project. It was also Alice who paid a visit to our school in January this year. Please see this link for the pictures of our school, the teachers and the students: http://picasaweb.google.com/sunnyalice/ShinShinSchoolVisit?feat=email#

    Our plan is to pay another visit to the school by some of our volunteers soon. We will assign specific funds to bring supplies to the school. If you are interested in donating small funds for this purpose, or to join the trip, please contact Connie (connieliu2006@...) or Alice (sunnyalice@...> directly to arrange.

    Thanks again to all the volunteers who contributed to our school. We will continue our mission together.

    Attached is the letter from MetLife.

    2.      SVWA Event:  The 10th “Art in Clay – Show and Sales” opens to SVWA members and their friends before public viewing

    When:       Saturday, Nov. 13th, 9:10 am

    Where:     Lucie Stern Community Center Ballroom

    1305 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94301

    Who:         SVW members and their friends

    Cost:         Free

    We had visited pottery open studio a few weeks ago. We learned something about pottery making and how to appreciate the ceramics art works. Now it is our chance to use the knowledge.

    There will be more than 50 Bay Area artists presenting their newest creations at this event hosted by The Orchard Valley Ceramic Arts Guild at the Lucie Stern Community Center in Palo Alto. The handmade ceramics span all styles of work, from raku to woodfire, garden items, sculpture, functional tableware and decorative art.  One of our SVWA members, Ms. Kathy Zhu, will be there to answer questions. We will also get chance to discuss the art works with the artists.

    Please email Kathy at yirou99@... to let her know you are coming by midnight Friday. Please be on time if you attend this event.

    3.      SVWA Event: 硅谷女性协会将和中国高等院校校友会联合,硅谷上海交大校友会及 YOU谷回音壁联合举办讲座老夫老妻了,爱火还能重燃吗? 请来名家讲堂。

    国际真爱家庭协会会长叶高芳博士将轻松,幽默地和我们分享每一对夫妻如何实际地重新找到当年的激情,夫妻更加恩爱甜美,家庭更加幸福。

    Time:              11/20/2010 Saturday 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

    Location:   3131 Bowers Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95054

    主办单位  中国高等院校校友会联合会

    硅谷女性协会

    硅谷上海交大校友会
    YOU
    谷回音壁

    Registrationwww.bayecho.com/node/1019

    联络人:王晓瑞 408-676-7547 xiaoruit@...  座席有限。请大家速速报名。

    SVWA, a group by the women, and for the women!

    Website: http://www.svwomen.org
    Contact: svwomen@...