** SVWA Newsletter 11/10/2007 **

  • SV Women's Association
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2007
      SVWA

      ** SVWA Newsletter 11/10/2007 **

      1.SVWA  Fund Raising appreciation party - Nov 10

      2. 2007 "Art in Clay" Show and Sale S- Nov 10 & Nov 11

      3. SVWA Monthly BookClub Gathering November 2007 - Nov 17th

      1. SVWA  Fund Raising appreciation party Nov 10

      Dear Members and Friends,

      We are very pleased to announce that the SVWA 2007 Charity Fund-raising Campaign was successfully completed. We are proud that Silicon Valley Women Association raised a total of $18,000 in the past three years and met our goal of building our own ¡°Silicon Valley Shin Shin elementary school" in China!

      We will have a SVW 2007 Charity Campaign Appreciate Party on 11/10 (Sat.), 6 pm to 9pm at Sichuan Delight Restaurant, SVWA team members and all sponsors are invited to the party to show our appreciation for yourdedication and hard works in past three years.

      Please visit our web site for more detailed information about our charity events.
      http://www.svwomen.org/cms/svcharity/
      http://www.svwomen.org/cms/svcharity/pastactivities.html

      ---------------------------

      We are very pleased to announce that Silicon Valley Women's 2007
      Charity Fund-raising Campaign was successfully completed. We raised
      $6,431 in donations for the Shin Shin Educational Foundation and our
      two-month long Campaign brought an outpouring of support throughout
      the Bay Area for needy Chinese Children.

      We have worked very hard for Charity Fund raising for the past three
      years. Now, we are proud that Silicon Valley Women raised a total of
      $18,000 and met our goal of building our own ¡¡ãSilicon Valley Shin
      Shin elementary school" in China!

      On behalf of the Silicon Valley Women's Association, we would like
      to thank you for your generous donations and support. Because of
      your generosity Shin Shin Educational Foundation started to build a
      ¡¡ãSilicon Valley Shin Shin elementary school" in Sichuan, China. A
      few hundred students will immediately benefit from this effort.

      The executive team of Silicon Valley Women continues to advance its
      mission of ¡¡ãCharity, Community Service and Culture¡¡À. Your
      commitment to help building schools for underprivileged kids in
      China is sincerely appreciated.

      Please visit our web site for more detailed information.
      http://www.svwomen.org/
      http://www.svwomen.org/cms/svcharity/

      Thanks again for your donations and support in 2007 and the past years!

      Cheers!

      Silicon Valley Women's Association

      Silicon Valley Women¡¯s Association 2007 Charity Fundraising Co-Host

      Silicon Valley Information Business Alliance (SVIBA) - ¹è¹ÈÐÅÏ¢²úÒµÁªÃË
      A non-profit organization to promote entrepreneurship
      http://www.sviba.org

      Silicon Valley Women's Association 2007 Charity Fundraising Sponsors

      Silicon Valley Women¡¯s Association 2007 Charity Fundraising Sponsors:
      Diamond Sponsor
      CATHAY BANK ¹úÌ©ÒøÐÐ

      Lucy Y. Chen
      Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager
      1095 El Camino Real
      Millbrae, CA 94030
      Tel: (650) 652-0188
      Fax: (650) 652-0180
      E-mail: lucy_chen@...
      www.cathaybank.com
      Platinum Sponsors:
      Sharon Yu (ÓàÑ©)
      John Nolan/Heidi Zhou (ÖÜÔÂ)
      Tao Lin/HuiMin Shao (ÉÛ»ÝÃô)
      In support of
      www.SolarCentral.org
      An effort towards a greener earth
      Palo Alto Advisors, Inc.
      Paul L. McEntire/Xiaofeng Zhang(ÕÅÏþ·ã)

      1200 Park Place, Suite 100
      San Mateo, CA  94403
      Tel: 650-521-3836
      http://www.paloaltoadvisors.com/
      Bulrush Art & Design Inc.
      Tel£º650-525-0428
      E-mail: tonyming1031@...
      http://www.ybj-art.com

      Gold Sponsors:
      Jun Wang

      - 99Savings.com

      Bay Area local Chinese promotion portal to help consumers to save money and time. Free information sharing and posting
      http://www.99savings.com
      Email: info@...
      - Ripple Leung
      Investment Advisor, Financial Planner
      ING Financial Partners
      14393 E.14th Street, Suite 210
      San Leandro, CA 94578
      Tel: 510-795-7467
      Cell: 510-862-1852
      Fax: 510-743-0703
      Silver Sponsors:
      Jeff Zhong/Lan Li (ÀîÌm)
      Ming Xu/Jian Liu
      Catherine Lee
      Steve Chen/Cecilia Zhang (ˆ³¬ÄÐ)
      TrustPrice
      The Place For Your Software Needs
      372 Turquoise Street, Milpitas, CA 95035
      Toll Free: 866-788-7878
      Email: sales@...
      http://www.TrustPrice.com

      BayFront Realty
      Michael Zhu/Connie Liu (ÁõÑà)

      4420 Norocco Cir, Fremont, CA 94555
      Good View Technology
      2075 O'Toole Ave, San Jose, CA 95131
      Pacific Gas and Electric Company

      http://www.pge.com
      Sponsors
      Jack Quian (ÉÙ¾ý)
      Diana Ding (¶¡Î¬Æ½)
      Huijun Z. Ring (Öܻ۾ý)
      Shawn Song
      YongRan Huang & Wang Wei
      Dan Xie
      Jing Wu
      James McMullen
      Shue Han Chou (ÖÜÐ㺭)
      Karolyn Zeng (ÔøÓ½¾ý)
      BingLiang Chen
      Michael Ma
      Heng Chen
      HuiMin Du

      Sponsors
      SVIBA

      2. 2007 "Art in Clay" Show and Sale

      Dear All,

      If you love ceramics, you should not miss 2007 "Art in
      Clay" Show and Sale. See attached. Or, if you like
      flowers, you should go to the show,  there will be
      ikebana flower arrangement demonstrations on both
      days.

      I was invited to give an ikebana demo on Sunday, Nov.
      11th, at 12:30pm. If you haven't been to an ikebana
      demonstration before, my demo reports should give you
      some idea:

      http://stanford.edu/~kathyzhu/HappyMonday/7-08-2007FunDay.pdf

      http://stanford.edu/~kathyzhu/HappyMonday/10-15-2006TheQuiz.pdf

      Here is the full schedule for demonstrations:

          Sat. Nov. 10
          11:00 am --Michiko Hosada
          1:00 pm--Tova Matatyaou
          3:00 pm--Sharon Krawetz

          Sun. Nov. 11
          11:00--Sumi Metz
          12:30 pm  Kathy Kegang Zhu
          2:30 pm--Irene Jenkins

      Sumi Metz is my teacher. I will assist her for her
      demo. She is very good.

      I will have a table this year - my first time to join
      public sale (my focus is to make ikebana vases for
      myself).

      Thank you for your attention. Hope to see you at the
      show.

      In Friendship through Flowers,

      Kathy.

      2007 "Art in Clay" Show and Sale

      Saturday Nov. 10 10:00AM-5:00PM
      Sunday, Nov. 11, 10:00AM-4:00PM

      Lucie Stern Community Center Ballroom
      1305 Middlefield Rd.
      Palo Alto, CA 94301

      http://ovcag.org/_shows/_2007/2007-10-NOV/index.html

      3. SVWA Monthly BookClub Gathering November 2007

      Dear All,

      The November's topic is "A Thousand Years of Good Prayers" by Yiyun Li. The movie based on this book just won the top Spanish film award. Also, the best of this gathering is that we are going to have the author join us.

      Hope to see you on November 17th.

      Hope that you can make it this time. Please sign up at
      http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/svwomen@.../bookclub50
      if you come.

      Also, the future plans for December is
      December 2nd, 2:00pm
      Flower Talk by Kathy Zhu.
      She will talk about the art of Ikebana, how to appreciate Ikebana,
      what its differences from western flower arrangement, her way to
      become an ikebana artist, and what else she learned from ikebana. The
      talk comes with slides and piece of Kathy's work.

      Having fun!

      Heidi

      ¹è¹ÈÅ®ÐÔЭ»á ***** SVWomen, a group by the women, and for the women!
      Website: http://www.svwomen.org