recruit short term TAs for educational program in China
- Dear friends:
I am volunteering for a non-profit orgranization called Shinshin
educational foundation. I am the program manager for
Hunan English Teacher Training program and this year
we will recruit volunteers from the Bay area to assist
English teaching in Changde, Hunan in China. TAs need to commit one
to two weeks to join training program in China and facilitate
training of Elementary school teachers. Each TA can pick the time
slots that work for him/her within the program time frame from May 08
to July 06, 2006. Attached
please find the program overview. If you are
interested or if you know of someone who will be
interested, please let me know.
Liping (Allie) Xiong
Hunan ETT program overview:
The Shin Shin English Teacher's Training Program will
be held at ChangDe Normal School, in ChangDe, Hunan
from 5//8/2006 to 7-6/2006. It's an 8 week program. We
will utilize local teaching resource for main
instruction. In addition, we will recruit Short Term
Teaching Assistants from the Bay area and send them to
Changde, Hunan to assist the English teaching. Each TA
will need to commit one week to two weeks for the ETT
program in Hunan.
Assist English teaching for Hunan English
Teacher Training (ETT) program. By conduct in class or
outside class training program the Teaching Assistants
-Raise interests in English study among students
-Help students improve their English skills
-Help students understand American/western culture
-Monitor the students progress in English skills
during ETT program
1) Assist regular local teachers in English teaching
and help students to improve:
-Spelling, vocabulary and grammar
-Reading and comprehension skills
2) Help raise students?interest in English learning
through programs such as discussion, role play, etc.
3) Tutoring students outside classes, for example,
evening group study, and guide them to solve problems
in English study.
4) Help students gain some basic knowledge about
understand American/western culture, and share with
students stories about American life.
5) Facilitate the weekend activities with students
6) Serve as a bridge between Shinshin US and Hunan ETT
1) Solid English skills and can carry out English
2) Have volunteer spirit. Able to commit one or two
week to facilitate teaching in Changde, Hunan, China
between May 8 and July 6
3) Good American culture and history background.
4) Responsive, mature and patient. Good communication
5) Have teaching experience is a plus.
6) Preferably can speak some Chinese.