RE: [SVWomen] happy holidays!

  • Bin Li
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2004

      Dear sisters,

      While we are celebrating the coming of new year, hundreds of people around southern and southeastern asia area are suffering from the pains of losing family and friends in the tsunami tragedy happened two days ago. I am so saddened by the news and would like to help my co-worker, who is an Indonesian, to help him raise some funds for his home country (please see the following email from him). You can mail your check to my office address:

      560 Mission Street

      Suite 1600

      San Francisco, CA 94104

      You are also welcome to ask around your friends and relatives for help and mail the checks directly to the Indonesian Consulate General indicated in his email. Its address is:

      Indonesian Consulate General
      1111 Columbus Ave.
      San Francisco, CA 94133
      Attn: Quake/tsunami disaster relief committee
      Ph: (415) 474-9571

      Your generosity and kindness will be forever appreciated! This will your best gift to the new year!!!

      Happy New year and appreciate what you have in life.

      Sincerely,

      Bin

      Attached email:

      Hi team,
      As you all may already know, the quake/tsunami disaster in Asia has claimed so many lives.
      In Indonesia, my home country, the recent toll was 45,000 lives with 10,000 still missing.
      My family is fine as they live in different island.

      My deepest condolescence goes to those who lost their loved ones and I would like to help my fellow citizens.
      If you would like to make a donation, you can write a check payable to 'Indonesian Consulate General'.

      You can mail your check to the address below:
      Indonesian Consulate General
      1111 Columbus Ave.
      San Francisco, CA 94133
      Attn: Quake/tsunami disaster relief committee
      Ph: (415) 474-9571

      You can also drop your donation with me. I am going to the embassy on Tuesday Jan 4, to deliver our donations.
      I'm currently on vacation and will be back in the office on Monday Jan 3. In the meantime you can drop the check to Bonnie.

      Thanks a lot all.

      PS: This is for Indonesia only.

      ======================================
      Sudarto Tjandra
      Ernst & Young, LLP
      560 Mission Street, Suite 1600
      San Francisco, CA 94105
      Direct: (415) 894-8681
      eFax: (866) 849-7512
      ======================================

      >From: "Landian" <lan_dian@...>
      >To: svwomen@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SVWomen] happy holidays!
      >Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:36:05 -0000

    • Larry Liu
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi Bin,

                   I want to donate some money, but I prefer a more trustful route like through american red cross than to you or to Indonesia government (because of corruption).

        Thanks,

        Bin Li <xizi2000@...> wrote:

        Dear sisters,

        While we are celebrating the coming of new year, hundreds of people around southern and southeastern asia area are suffering from the pains of losing family and friends in the tsunami tragedy happened two days ago. I am so saddened by the news and would like to help my co-worker, who is an Indonesian, to help him raise some funds for his home country (please see the following email from him). You can mail your check to my office address:

        560 Mission Street

        Suite 1600

        San Francisco, CA 94104

        You are also welcome to ask around your friends and relatives for help and mail the checks directly to the Indonesian Consulate General indicated in his email. Its address is:

        Indonesian Consulate General
        1111 Columbus Ave.
        San Francisco, CA 94133
        Attn: Quake/tsunami disaster relief committee
        Ph: (415) 474-9571

        Your generosity and kindness will be forever appreciated! This will your best gift to the new year!!!

        Happy New year and appreciate what you have in life.

        Sincerely,

        Bin

        Attached email:

        Hi team,
        As you all may already know, the quake/tsunami disaster in Asia has claimed so many lives.
        In Indonesia, my home country, the recent toll was 45,000 lives with 10,000 still missing.
        My family is fine as they live in different island.

        My deepest condolescence goes to those who lost their loved ones and I would like to help my fellow citizens.
        If you would like to make a donation, you can write a check payable to 'Indonesian Consulate General'.

        You can mail your check to the address below:
        Indonesian Consulate General
        1111 Columbus Ave.
        San Francisco, CA 94133
        Attn: Quake/tsunami disaster relief committee
        Ph: (415) 474-9571

        You can also drop your donation with me. I am going to the embassy on Tuesday Jan 4, to deliver our donations.
        I'm currently on vacation and will be back in the office on Monday Jan 3. In the meantime you can drop the check to Bonnie.

        Thanks a lot all.

        PS: This is for Indonesia only.

        ======================================
        Sudarto Tjandra
        Ernst & Young, LLP
        560 Mission Street, Suite 1600
        San Francisco, CA 94105
        Direct: (415) 894-8681
        eFax: (866) 849-7512
        ======================================

        >From: "Landian" <lan_dian@...>
        >To: svwomen@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SVWomen] happy holidays!
        >Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:36:05 -0000

        SVWomen, a group by the women, and for the women!
        Website: http://www.svwomen.org

      • Landian
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2005
          Thanks Bin for remind us about tsunami matter.

          Larry

          That's a great point. There's some discussions on the bbs about
          where to donate:
          http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=12&t_id=41 feel free to
          post any related information on the bbs.

          I have personally donated money to red cross. Hopefully the
          donations will be able to reach the people in need very soon.

          Eva

          --- In svwomen@yahoogroups.com, Larry Liu <ldeliu@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Bin,
          >
          > I want to donate some money, but I prefer a more trustful
          route like through american red cross than to you or to Indonesia
          government (because of corruption).

          > Thanks,
          >

          > Bin Li <xizi2000@h...> wrote:
          >
          > Dear sisters,
          >
          > While we are celebrating the coming of new year, hundreds of people
          around southern and southeastern asia area are suffering from the
          pains of losing family and friends in the tsunami tragedy happened two
          days ago. I am so saddened by the news and would like to help my
          co-worker, who is an Indonesian, to help him raise some funds for his
          home country (please see the following email from him). You can mail
          your check to my office address:

          > 560 Mission
          Street

          > Suite 1600
          >
          > San Francisco, CA 94104
          >
          > You are also welcome to ask around your friends and relatives for
          help and mail the checks directly to the Indonesian Consulate General
          indicated in his email. Its address is:

          > Indonesian Consulate General
          > 1111 Columbus Ave.
          > San Francisco, CA 94133
          > Attn: Quake/tsunami disaster relief committee
          > Ph: (415) 474-9571
          >

          > Your generosity and kindness will be forever appreciated! This will
          your best gift to the new year!!!

          > Happy New year and appreciate what you have in life.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          >
          > Bin
          >
          > Attached email:
          >
          > Hi team,
          > As you all may already know, the quake/tsunami disaster in Asia has
          claimed so many lives.
          > In Indonesia, my home country, the recent toll was 45,000 lives with
          10,000 still missing.
          > My family is fine as they live in different island.
          >
          > My deepest condolescence goes to those who lost their loved ones and
          I would like to help my fellow citizens.
          > If you would like to make a donation, you can write a check payable
          to 'Indonesian Consulate General'.

          > You can mail your check to the address below:
          > Indonesian Consulate General
          > 1111 Columbus Ave.
          > San Francisco, CA 94133
          > Attn: Quake/tsunami disaster relief committee
          > Ph: (415) 474-9571
          >
          > You can also drop your donation with me. I am going to the embassy
          on Tuesday Jan 4, to deliver our donations.
          > I'm currently on vacation and will be back in the office on Monday
          Jan 3. In the meantime you can drop the check to Bonnie.

          > Thanks a lot all.
          >
          > PS: This is for Indonesia only.
          >
          > ======================================
          > Sudarto Tjandra
          > Ernst & Young, LLP
          > 560 Mission Street, Suite 1600
          > San Francisco, CA 94105
          > Direct: (415) 894-8681
          > eFax: (866) 849-7512
          >

          > >From: "Landian" <lan_dian@y...>
          > >To: svwomen@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [SVWomen] happy holidays!
          > >Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:36:05 -0000
          > >

          > SVWomen, a group by the women, and for the women!
          > Website: http://www.svwomen.org

        • Ho, Ed (WQ)
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
            Thanks Larry
            You're right to point out that the Indonesian gov't can be corrupt.  It should also be noted that that same gov't has been actively repressing the entire province of Aceh with it's infamous army.
            Additionally, I have already received several solicitations for donations from questionable organizations or individuals.  Please folks, don't let your philanthropy enrich a cheat.
            Ed Ho