Updates on Recent Activities and Events

  • Feiwen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003

      Dear SVWomen members,

      Here is an update on the recent activities organized by the Silicon Valley Women.

      1.      05/31 Mother�s day and Father�s day Chinese Theater Plays and Fashion Show in Sunnyvale

      2.      SVWomen Picnic pictures and special thanks

      3.      06/07 NCCAF Ping-Pong Tournament

      4.      06/21 NCCAF Badminton Open

      5.      Mother�s Day Chinese Essay Contest

      1.      05/31 Mother�s day and Father�s day Chinese Theater Plays and Fashion Show in Sunnyvale

      Pictures: http://www.svwomen.org/gallery/gallery.php?lib=20030531

      BBS discussion: http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=6&t_id=27

      The Fashion Show & Chinese Drama Performance that SVWomen co-organized with the Huayi Performing group last Saturday was a huge success.  We had more than 200 people coming from all parts of the bay area attending the event, including VIP representatives from numerous sister organizations.

      The afternoon started with a startling performance from Qi Jie (http://www.svwomen.org/star/index.php?id=star-qi), one of the SVWomen star members, and her friends.  Combining music, lighting, fashion, and most of all, gorgeous girls modeling on stage, their fashion show was of professional quality and received countless rounds of applause from the audience.  On behalf of SVWomen, we would like to thank Qi Jie and her friends for their participation and congratulate them for the wonderful performance.

      We also would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge all of the volunteers for the event.   Without their help and support, the afternoon couldn�t have been so successful.  The following is a list of volunteers who helped out during the event (in alphabetical order):

      -         CT

      -         Jean

      -         Lydia

      -         Shelley

      -         Tracy and her friend Qing

      We extend our sincere thanks for their effort and assistance.

      At last, great job for the committee members who planned and organized the event: Snow, the main driver and P. R. of this event; Yilan, Landian, Yifan and Feiwen for their planning and coordination.

      2.      SVWomen picnic pictures and special thanks

      The pictures for the SVWomen picnic of 03/30/2003 are available online: http://www.svwomen.org/gallery/gallery.php?lib=20030330

      Special thanks for all of the volunteers who helped organizing the event:  Jie, XiaoDong, Lin, Lin, Shelley, Helen, etc�.; and all committee members and their friends.

      3.      NCCAF Ping-Pong Tournament

      The Northern California Chinese Athletic Federation � Ping-Pong Competition will take place this Saturday, June 7th.  SVWomen has 6 representatives who will compete in this sport.

      Dear members, don�t miss out this opportunity.  Come to watch the feverish ping-pong tournament and cheer up for our athletes.

      Place: 4000 MiddleField Road, GYM #B
      Palo Alto, CA 94303-4739

      Please refer to http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=6&t_id=20 for updates on the exact time that our athletes will play.

      4.      NCCAF Badminton Tournament

      The Northern California Chinese Athletic Federation � Badminton Open will take place Saturday, June 21st.  SVWomen�s representative will compete in the singles category.

      Place: San Jose State University (main Gym SPX 44 A-B)

      One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192

      Please refer to http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=6&t_id=20 for updates on the exact time that our athletes will play.

      5.      Mother�s Day Chinese Essay Contest

      SVWomen has received more than 100 papers for the contest.  Our editors from WenXinShe are currently working on the preliminary selection of the writings.  The final prizewinners will be selected by The Chinese Literature & Art Association in America and announced through SVWomen website and the ChinaPressUSA (Qiao Bao) newspaper with their essay published on both Qiao Bao and �The Literati� magazine.

      We will update you with further results of the selection in a short future.  All paper submitted for the contest can be viewed online at: http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewforum.php?id=8

      SVWomen Team

      A group by the women, for the women

      http://www.svwomen.org

      http://www.svwomen.org/aboutus

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Landian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
        [一周话题]
        端午節---包粽粽---煮粽粽---吃粽粽

        今年的6/4是农历5月初5。。

        大家准备怎么过?

        http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=1&t_id=461

        LanDian

        SVWomen Team

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • Landian
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2003
          Dear Members,

          As you know we have a team of Pingpong players
          participating in the NCCAF (Northern California
          Chinese Athletic Federation) competition.

          The SVWomen team: Iris, Alice, Elisa, Alex, Kai,
          Jason

          Date and Place:

          2003/6/7 (sunday) 8:00AM - 7:00PM

          4000 MiddleField Road, GYM #B
          Palo Alto, CA 94303-4739

          Our players will all enter the singles game. Just
          checked with NCCAF, on Saturday they will have doubles
          and groups first then singles. So most likely our
          players will play in the afternoon. They won't have
          the official detailed play time until Friday. I will
          check back with them. If you are interested in
          cheering for our dear pingpong team, please email me
          at lan_dian@... to leave your email address in
          order to receive notice. Otherwise just go there and
          look for SVWomen Banner.

          More info:
          http://www.svwomen.org/news/view.php?id=nccaf

          http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=6&t_id=20&page=1