Fight SARS Together — Send Masks with Love to China -- 1st batch ship by 5/3

  • Silicon Valley Women
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Dear SVWomen members:

      We are one of the organizations who participate the
      "Fight SARS Together" donation program. We encourage
      our members to make donation for the healthcare
      workers in China. If you do make donation, please
      indicate that you are a member of SVWomen and you
      heard the news from SVWomen.

      Thank you for your participation.

      SVWomen

      Dear Chinese friends,

      After merely one week quick preparation, the SARS Mask
      to China donation program have gotten overwhelming
      support from over 25 Chinese professional
      associations, alumni association, student associations
      and various Chinese organizations. The first batch of
      3000 masks will be shipped by Air China to Beijing by
      Saturday May 3! Thanks for your support, Chinese
      friends, we are proud of you!!!

      On May 1st, the Resource Support Group of Beijing SARS
      Control Center formally announced a short list of most
      urgently needed items, N95 and N90 Medical Masks are
      the 2nd on the top!!! They are in extremely shortage
      in China, for healthcare workers! Therefore, please
      help us to get the N95 Masks over to Beijing, to
      China.

      All money donations will be strictly used to purchase
      N95 masks and send to China healthcare workers. Please
      send your donation to the address below, or open your
      heart to donation volunteers of � SARS Mask to China�
      program. Even better, please join our team to help us
      to collect donations from co-workers & shoppers, to
      purchase and ship masks, etc. The next batches will be
      shipped by May 8th and May 16.

      Dear fellow Overseas-Chinese, our loved ones' lives
      are threatened. Our homeland is facing a disaster.
      The whole world is facing a vicious enemy. We are all
      in it! Let each and every one of us reach out in
      helping Chinese healthcare workers in this battle
      against SARS! With the masks, we send our love to
      China, to our loved ones there!

      Acceptance of donations starts now and closes at the
      end of June. Please make check payable to: SARS Mask
      to China Donation
      Send checks to: SARS Mask to China Donation
      19486 Via Real Dr.
      Saratoga, CA 95070
      Contacts: Ms Zhu (408) 725-8778 (evenings)
      Ms Chen (408) 720-9731 (afternoons)
      Mr. Chen (510) 656-3879
      Ms. Zhang (925) 552-0998

      Any donation over $20 can get a receipt for tax
      reduction, if requested. Progress will be reported by
      several Bay Area newspapers periodically in the next
      two months. The dedicated account can be inspected by
      participating organizations.

      An incomplete list of participating non-profit
      organizations:

      CNetwork
      Silicon Valley Chinese Engineers Association (SCEA)
      Silicon Valley Chorus (SVC)
      Huayuan Science & Technology Association
      United Chinese Association
      Northern Jiaotong University Alumni Group (NJTU)

      American-Chinese Zhiqing Association
      Association of Chinese student and scholars in UC
      Berkeley
      Association of Chinese student and scholars in UCSF
      Association of Chinese Students and Scholars in UC
      Santa Cruz
      Chinese American Performing Artists Association
      Chinese Students and Scholars at Stanford (ACSSS)
      Cnetwork
      Huaqing US
      Nanhai Art Center
      Nankai Alumni Association � SF (NAA-SF)
      Newbridge Art Center
      Northern Jiaotong University Alumni Group (NJTU)
      Overseas Alumni of Beijing University of Technology
      SF Bay Area Yan Xin Life Science Technology Society
      Shanghai Jiao Tong University Alumni Association in
      Silicon Valley (SJTU-SV)
      Silicon Valley Chorus
      Silicon Valley Science Technology Association
      Silicon Valley Tianjin University Alumni Association
      Silicon Valley Tsinghua Network
      Stanford Chinese School
      Silicon Valley Women
      SVC Wireless
      United Chinese Association
      USTC Alumni Association in Silicon Valley (USTCAA-SV)

      =====
      硅谷女性 ***** SVWomen, a group by the women, and for the women!
      Website: http://www.svwomen.org
      BBS: http://www.svwomen.org/bbs/index.php